Modern Eagle 5 EXP LTD

I tried to buy that purple at below msrp a few weeks ago but it was already sold. Kind of glad, even though that color is amazing IMO, as I ended up going with a WL run in Hannon pink sparkle

Watermelon fade?
Here's a very unusual one (same place as the purple fade):
prs-exp2020-redf.jpg

These look so nice! Does anyone have both this and a CU24? I’m trying to compare the two as far as sounds go and trying to decide what to get...a 35th CU24 or the experience Eagle V. Any thoughts? (Can’t swing both or I would...)

Can't go wrong with either, I have a CU24-08 (similar to a 35th anniversary tonally speaking) and MEV Private Stock (same tone-wise as the Experience) that I should get back next week and haven't had the chance to use much yet.

For tone evaluations listening to the official PRS videos of the CU24-08, CU24 35th, and MEV 2019 Private Stock + 2020 Experience would be ideal.
Obviously the MEV has a thicker neck than the CU24. If you can play a CU22 vs CU24 you'll at least know what to expects ergonomics-wise.

Time may be of essence for securing a MEV Experience, though they are still a few being listed. There was even a used one at Dave’s Guitars on Friday and it didn’t last long.

Worst case, if you miss out on the experience, there are plenty of wood library runs coming next year with a much wider variety of finishes and woods. See dealer section.

Are the wood library runs going to be the same specs as the experience limited guitars?

Are the wood library runs going to be the same specs as the experience limited guitars?
No, there are several different wood combos. Hit the Dealer section of the forum. Both BrianG (Brian’s Guitars) and Brett (Eddie’s Guitars) have posts with the woods they selected. Some really cool stuff.

BTW, Ish guitars and Dave’s Guitar Shop also have several runs due Spring/Summer too (with EIR necks among some of the configurations).

BTW, Ish guitars and Dave’s Guitar Shop also have several runs due Spring/Summer too (with EIR necks among some of the configurations).

I had thought about waiting for one of the WL runs but I guess patience isn't one of my strong suits. A rosewood neck would be nice and seems more fitting for a ME. At one point I was looking for the PS version but I didn't find one in a color I wanted. The EXP ME5 seems like a bargain in comparison.

I had thought about waiting for one of the WL runs but I guess patience isn't one of my strong suits. A rosewood neck would be nice and seems more fitting for a ME. At one point I was looking for the PS version but I didn't find one in a color I wanted. The EXP ME5 seems like a bargain in comparison.
Totally agree.

Can't go wrong if the specs are to your liking, and paying MAP or close to it is fine w/ you.

I had a pre-order for one since May I cancelled just before they got released. There were just too many unknowns buying sight unseen.
Instead I got one of the few brand new PS MEV left.
Is it a better playing/sounding instrument than the experience run or a Core/CE/S2/SE ?
Absolutely not. It's just that it looked good (that part tends to be easy for a PS guitar), was lightweight, and "only" about another "2.13 x A60E" worth of added cost.

A Core will always be the best bang for the buck over a PS, just like a S2/CE is relative to a Core.

Last edited:
Skittles Fade anyone ?
I was at Danville Music this morning picking up a PRS guitar stand, and they just unboxed that before my eyes thinking I'd get a kick out of it (I did).
That's their pic here (I see they just posted it on their website):
image_9d43c1f0-9ff7-43f7-bf3b-6af618382868_1024x1024@2x.jpg

The entire back is just as great:
image_61777fbc-ed4b-4a5a-96a4-e4f27362d260_1024x1024@2x.jpg

And no I didn't buy it, I managed to resist for once.

I did however try a Santana for the first time and it was great, I only checked the neck shape and I'm happy to report it felt great. It was a rosewood neck and overall the shape didn't feel particularly different to me than many Pattern necks, this will be the perfect one for the next GAS attack.

Back