Modern Eagle 5 EXP LTD

Speaking of charcoal, I just stumbled upon these two:
(good thing I'm not looking to spend money on a McCarty)
0299186-body-large.jpg
0299183-body-large.jpg

That left one is my type of top!

I’d take either one, I just like how the ‘color’ turned out on these with the high contrast look (probably not much chatoyance left though).

... and for those wanting to reserve a charcoal one I released my reservation for one at Brian's Guitars.
I'll be going with one of his Wood Library CU24 from his anniversary run instead (zombie fade finish appealed to me ;-) ).

Oh, and it's not that I've given up on getting a MEV... in fact there'll be a NGD thread in the very near future ;-)

That’s called a Private Stock order, on the plus side it takes so long you’ll have more time to save for it ;-)
Or cross fingers for it to be released as a Core line model in couple years

Some dealers got slight variant of these finishes. I've seen a smoked burst charcoal one, and Brian teased a blue burst charcoal.
As for Wood Library models, give it a year or two.

I considered offering my Brent Mason Sig, Paul's Guitar, and S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow in exchange for one of these. It is basically the PG and BM rolled into one, so maybe I am better off having the multi guitar arrangement. Plus the BM has a slightly longer scale length, so there is one spec that the ME-V doesn't cover. I hate to be that guy who says, "If they had only...", but today I am that guy. I am holding off in hopes that more will come in the future. I want a satin maple neck (don't care which fretboard). But if one of these was in Fire Red Burst or a couple of other colors, I would have made the call and tried to make a deal. I am no Sergio, but very few of the blue ones appeal to me, and even fewer of the gray ones. One of the other factors that slowed my enthusiasm was the demo video. I don't know if it was just because they had to try to throw 17 tones into the demo, but it didn't leave me blown away like some of the other videos have. My previous desire was the Special 22 Semi-Hollow, but I had a chance to actually play one of those. The middle NF didn't do anything for me. I was hoping this true single coil would remedy that, but I can't say that the video showed that. My closest dealer (2.5 hours away) is online only at the moment, so I can't go try it. The way I see it, I still have options if the line doesn't continue with additional releases next January. I can buy a Special and put a single coil in place of the Narrow Field, or buy an older Paul's with trem and add a single coil (but it would be non TCI). It is nice to have such luxurious problems. The Brent Mason Signature is hard to beat. Even if it is using outdated pickup designs. While I am not ready to give up three for one, if I could trade the Paul's Guitar and the S2 even swap, I wouldn't hesitate. Blue or gray.

...let’s all REFUSE to buy one until they come out with more colors and wood options.

Yeah, that’s not my scene. I love PRS guitars and am a huge fan of the people who make the product. I want to see them continue to be wildly successful. In the process, I am hoping they’ll continue the time-honored tradition of letting a 1-off escape the factory; and this case, a purple ME5 with a rosewood neck.

Unusual production guitars (not PS, not WL) are my favorite and they fuel my passion for the hunt.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s not my scene. I love PRS guitars and am a huge fan of the people who make the product. I want to see them continue to be wildly successful. In the process, I am hoping they’ll continue the time-honored tradition of letting a 1-off escape the factory; and this case, a purple ME5 with a rosewood neck.

Unusual production guitars (not PS, not WL) are my favorite and the fuel my passion for the hunt.

Maybe not obviously enough...that suggestion was intended to be very tongue in cheek. Hopefully it's obvious that I am a HUGE fan of PRS products, people and entire business model. A few slight variations on the colors for this MEV have already emerged...but probably the best hope for what you're describing (short of PS) is a WL run.

Unusual production guitars (not PS, not WL) are my favorite and the fuel my passion for the hunt.
TO THE HUNT!

images

Back