Model naming conventions?

starscream67

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if the model naming conventions annoy anyone else? Perhaps it’s because I’m in the UK and we just have less stock here, but I find it difficult to search for specific models I’m shopping for.

For example, when I discovered the McCarty I wanted one but couldn’t find one as the internet kept throwing McCarty 594’s at me. And using -594 in the search didn’t seem to help, but maybe the UK just never got stock. (Years later I ended up with a satin CE24 instead.)

And now I’m looking for a core custom 24-08 but searches get flooded by SE and S2 results, but again maybe the UK has no stock or the -SE and -S2 search terms don’t work.

Has anyone else run into the same frustration with the model names? I wish the model names were more seo friendly is all.

I think the main problem here is Googles 'shopping' tab. I can get a fairly clean general search with

allintitle:"prs custom" +"24-08" | "24/08" -SE -S2

But the shopping tab is still populated with SE and S2 models. Its telling that these turn up in the main search as well but tagged with 'Sponsored'. I think the problem is shops are paying Google to spam SE and S2 models no matter what PRS custom you search for.

Agree with your results but just use a filter in what ever site you’re on and get the listings from highest price to lowest. You’ll have to sift through all the 10K + private stocks but worth the look and you’ll get to the core guitars faster. Oh and really no different than looking up Les Pauls a ka-billion results and tough to narrow down. Not a model naming issue but a search engine algo IMHO. Cheers

Try using a different search engine. DuckDuckGo does not use google as its main web crawler like most of the other search engines out there. That’s my go to search engine when I’m having trouble finding things on google. Google used to be a great search engine where you could actually do deep dives and find anything, nowadays it’s a crap shoot trying to look for anything. It always tries to send you where it gets most of its dollars from.

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if the model naming conventions annoy anyone else? Perhaps it’s because I’m in the UK and we just have less stock here, but I find it difficult to search for specific models I’m shopping for.

For example, when I discovered the McCarty I wanted one but couldn’t find one as the internet kept throwing McCarty 594’s at me. And using -594 in the search didn’t seem to help, but maybe the UK just never got stock. (Years later I ended up with a satin CE24 instead.)

And now I’m looking for a core custom 24-08 but searches get flooded by SE and S2 results, but again maybe the UK has no stock or the -SE and -S2 search terms don’t work.

Has anyone else run into the same frustration with the model names? I wish the model names were more seo friendly is all.
I adjust the price High——>Low.
That automatically drops the SE’s and S2‘s to the bottom.

I think we probably have more SE’s on sale in the UK, per capita, because PRS is a less well known brand with a lot of young musicians.

This might be a wide generalisation, but when I speak with young musicians, they seem to know F & G more than PRS.

I know that PRS have tried to reach the younger generation through artists like Sophie Burrell through social media platforms, like Instagram etc.

We have a lesser choice of Core instruments, or it seems that way.

I think we probably have more SE’s on sale in the UK, per capita, because PRS is a less well known brand with a lot of young musicians.

This might be a wide generalisation, but when I speak with young musicians, they seem to know F & G more than PRS.

I know that PRS have tried to reach the younger generation through artists like Sophie Burrell through social media platforms, like Instagram etc.

We have a lesser choice of Core instruments, or it seems that way.
Here, the exchange rate means a lot of SE, S2 and some CE for pretty. Set neck core just pushes the price tag over Joe guitar player’s comfort zone so many stores don’t carry them.

But it would make it easier if they added “core” to the product title since everyone already refers to them that way in order to differentiate them from the other product lines, but I also understand why they probably don’t.

Back