Model help?

Keano12

I have PRS 24. The headstock doesn’t say SE just Paul reed smith. I can’t tell if it’s a custom or se custom. Serial is 6714185

If it doesn’t have any print on back of headstock stating is Korean or Indonesian its American made. Post a pic

I have PRS 24. The headstock doesn’t say SE just Paul reed smith. I can’t tell if it’s a custom or se custom. Serial is 6714185

You'll need to bring your forum post count up before you can post a pic. 3rd party online hosting sites like Imgur will provide the image hosting.

Just create an account with Imgur, upload your images, refresh the page, double-click on the thumbnail, click on "Copy BB Code", and then tab over to this forum and paste into the Post Reply screen.

Last edited:
If you ask me, something doesn't seem quite right - especially without any picture evidence.

Obviously, with just the signature, that would seem to indicate its a US made guitar but then the Serial Number doesn't make sense. Assuming one of the 7 numbers is a year indicator (usually the first so a guitar made in 06??) the rest of the numbers seem too high 714185 when we are are not quite up to 300000 yet. An SE would have the SE on the headstock and have a letter on the back to indicate the year - as well as the made in/by... statement.

Maybe with photo's, it could provide answers and/or information about your guitar but based on just the information provided, something doesn't seem quite right to me...

Of course it makes sense if we are talking CE with the Serial number on the neck plate but you would think that the 'bolt-on' neck would be obvious and an easily identifiable for the model. Surely someone would know its not an SE or a 'core' Custom 24 - not even an S2....

Of course it makes sense if we are talking CE with the Serial number on the neck plate but you would think that the 'bolt-on' neck would be obvious and an easily identifiable for the model. Surely someone would know its not an SE or a 'core' Custom 24 - not even an S2....

Understood. I just didn't guess that the OP was familiar with a variety of PRS models, so wondered if the guitar was bolt-on after @bodia suggested the CE model. This would confirm @bodia's suggestion.

Back