Middle Pickup Only On Special 22 Semi-Hollow Limited

New member here, just got a Special Semi Hollow. Per Forum rules, a new member must post 3 times before a link can be posted, so I'm posting this in sections as I found a link of interest.
Congrats on your SSH. Fantastic model. I love mine.

Here ya go. This is for a Strat, but if you are familiar with wiring, it is an easy adjustment to apply to the PRS. You can ignore the top right quadrant of the switch here. Doing this mod will not touch the mini-toggles on the PRS at all.

You can decide whether up or down is middle or neck/bridge. I have this setup on a Strat and it's really handy. I find it much more functional than the always-on mod.

roeLcP1.jpg
This helps alot

Hey guys, I'm very interested in this mod and would love some feedback or advice from those having done it. I'm hoping for some Garcia/Mayer type tones with my Special 22.

Santi Pierini, ihearok, and bodia:
How do you like the tone of middle p/u alone? Was it worth the trouble?
Any tips on the process? I'm an intermediate solder jockey.

Hey guys, I'm very interested in this mod and would love some feedback or advice from those having done it. I'm hoping for some Garcia/Mayer type tones with my Special 22.

Santi Pierini, ihearok, and bodia:
How do you like the tone of middle p/u alone? Was it worth the trouble?
Any tips on the process? I'm an intermediate solder jockey.
Sorry, I didn’t do the mod.

I love my ssh too, but I want to find a set of 58/15 LT’s for it. They are my favorite PRS pickups. Don’t get me wrong, my 24-08 has the “squabins” 85/15’s in it, and I love them in that, but I think the covered version kinda muffles them, and makes them a bit too warm, for my taste. Unfortunately, PRS doesn’t sell them at this time, I check reverb, eBay, tgp, and others, but other than one set some guy wanted $800.00 for..no luck. If anyone has a set they want to move, or trade, please let me know...it would make my ssh, perfect!

Back