McCarty wiring mod to McCarty 58 wiring

darkinners

I am planning to mod my McCarty wiring to McCarty 58 wiring.

I read the PRS CS wiring PDF and got the require components

But I don't know where is the 1.1k resistor other end soldered to? Anyone know can please shed me some lights? Thanks

D1UzvFF.png

Btw Pat, what value of the tone cap you use?

I see MC 58 wiring use .033 instead of .022.

I bought some .039 as I can't find .033 at local store, hope it sound alright :D

I use whatever I have at hand at the moment. .015, .022, .033 they all sound good. The capacitor is personal preference, at least to me. A .039 should work just fine

I wouldn't know teleholic, The Duncan diagram is a different scheme than what PRS uses. Perhaps someone else could chime in. And glad you're loving darkinners. :)

pat10295: Hi, not sure what you mean by Duncan diagram? I couldn't find a suitable one on SD's wiring site so i used the guitarelectronics one but installed the push/pull on the tone pot instead..Electronics experts could you all chime in? Thanks!

Bump.

I tried the resistor mod, but took it out. Any idea how to change the resistor values to get the bass response to somewhere between normal McCarty humbucker and split coil sound? Without resistors the split coil bass response is too thin and with 1.1k and 2.2k resistors too thick.

Back