Mayer and PRS embarrassed over Super Eagle?

scottcityman

No reason to be… Nothing wrong with changing your mind. I just think it’s odd that there’s been no talk from mayer or PRS about the fact that he’s clearly moved on to a new #1 that he apparently likes better. Would love to know specs, reason why he changed, Etc. Nothing to be ashamed of. We all switch up our gear..

I believe the Super Eagle was created for the Dead and Co gig...
Mayer always used single coils for his personal gigs...
That's what I figured as well. The Super Eagle sounded amazing with the Dead, but it's not really *his* sound. In the video about it Paul even says they designed it for that specific sound.

I'd love to get to play one some day.

I believe the Super Eagle was created for the Dead and Co gig...
Mayer always used single coils for his personal gigs...
I wasn’t clear in my original. Not talking about his solo gigs. He moved on within Dead and Co to a different #1. He and paul designed the SE specifically for those gigs and a couple years later he now uses some version of a 594? Plenty of videos.
Just surprised that either JM or Prs haven’t commented on why the change.

There was some chatter here last Summer about the new guitar. I forget who, but one of the good PRS folks indicated that his job would be in jeopardy if he divulged details. I inferred that details would be forthcoming at some point—well before now—and that perhaps we would see another new model released. I’ve enjoyed JM’s playing in D&C on each of the guitars he’s played. It always sounds and looks effortless. I’m glad for him to have the opportunity to keep exploring for the guitar that gets him as close as possible to feeling effortless. Those Super Eagles sure are easy on the eyes though, as are the SSHs. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t turn down a 594 either.

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...the_super_eagle_collaboration_with_john_mayer

13JMSuperEagleLatestV-2.jpg

13315778_10154708455125639_8157727721546274164_n.jpg

Wow. He is filling Jerry’s shoes quite well.

The last time I saw The Dead they were calling themselves Further.

Yes..those pics above are the Super Eagle.
He had that designed specifically for the dead and company… Then about a year ago he switched to a different guitar. check out the video… I just wonder why and why no talk about it from mayer or PRS.

Back