Mann nos2000

Eddie kim

Will there be a big difference between Mann nos200 bridge vs the Mann upgrade kit for my S2 cu24? Looks like is a few bucks more and simple install.

Thanks in advanc.

Eddie

I was today’s day old when i realized the MannMade 2000NOS was same string space as modern fenders. So yep, I’m creating a frankenstrat with my 2000NOS bridge. Initial impressions: never did I think a strat could have such a nice conventional floating trem that didn’t involve a Floyd rose. I don’t mind the mellowness the brass brings. Likely will need to change the nut to tusq. But I’m giddy about my strat feeling like a prs. I wonder why they didn’t do the same for the silver sky and simply swap a cold roll steel block. Instead they stuck to the fender tradition while claiming modern?

2000NOS update
Unfortunately, I am still searching for a foundry that can give me a quality casting.

I am getting request for bass blocks for the Silver Sky models (Core and SE).
Both will be available in a few weeks.

Also planning on making brass PRS style saddles that will fit both versions.

Have a great summer everyone!

JM

I was today’s day old when i realized the MannMade 2000NOS was same string space as modern fenders. So yep, I’m creating a frankenstrat with my 2000NOS bridge. Initial impressions: never did I think a strat could have such a nice conventional floating trem that didn’t involve a Floyd rose. I don’t mind the mellowness the brass brings. Likely will need to change the nut to tusq. But I’m giddy about my strat feeling like a prs. I wonder why they didn’t do the same for the silver sky and simply swap a cold roll steel block. Instead they stuck to the fender tradition while claiming modern?
There’s a different sound between the brass and steel saddles. Remember chanhe’s that may seem slight can affect the sound considerably. John Mayer knew what he wanted the guitar to sound like.

2000NOS update
Unfortunately, I am still searching for a foundry that can give me a quality casting.

I am getting request for bass blocks for the Silver Sky models (Core and SE).
Both will be available in a few weeks.

Also planning on making brass PRS style saddles that will fit both versions.

Have a great summer everyone!

JM
Dang, John! That's awesome news!!!!!!

There’s a different sound between the brass and steel saddles. Remember chanhe’s that may seem slight can affect the sound considerably. John Mayer knew what he wanted the guitar to sound like.
True. I still wish they went with a modern floating bridge, PRS style. Closest that I have a felt to a floating MannMade on strat has been a hipshot contour. And no doubt in my mind that the MannMade feels much smoother and buttery

Back