Makena blue

fgeorge097

If you do a Google for prs Makena blue, there is variation between guitars. Some are lighter than others. I like the ones that aren't "quite" as bright.

If you do an artist pack special order, how do you know what shade of blue you will get?

Ask the wood. Only it knows.

Actually, that's the real answer. Every piece of wood takes stain differently because no two pieces of wood are exactly the same. Add to that, there are more than one or two employees doing the staining and you will have variations.

For Private Stock, PRS will almost bend over backwards to try to give you the exact hue you are after on the wood you have selected.

Getting that level of attention is probably not realistic at the artist order level.

The problem is Makena blue is almost impossible to photograph well it is a great color.

Like someone above mentioned - it depends a lot on the wood itself. Wood is organic and takes stain differently each time.

Another HUGE factor are the pictures themselves. We are reshooting a bunch of our guitars and some look completely different due to the additional lighting we are using now. It's really tough to judge color with pictures.

Another HUGE factor are the pictures themselves. We are reshooting a bunch of our guitars and some look completely different due to the additional lighting we are using now. It's really tough to judge color with pictures.

I feel like an iPhone 7+ would be a pretty good investment for a dealer bc of the redonc camera.

My old Blue Makena 408, I love that color!

This is the perfect Makena Blue!

But how do I know I will get one just like this...there is no way to know, right?

So if you are thinking about doing a special order mainly for the finish, I am concerned it may not come out as hoped. Thoughts?

This will always be the case. Even in Private Stock where you can choose every individual spec, it is true: "only the wood knows". If you want to buy the perfect guitar, you must wait for it to made.

One of the best colors they have ever come up with, along with Solana Burst and Eriza Verde. Unfortunately, every time they come out with a good color, it gets shelved or relegated to artist/ps eventually.

You won't know until you actually see it. The place I bought mine from had ridiculous pictures so it was easy to see what I was getting.

My custom 22 is Makena blue but is very light in the middle with much less of a greenish tint. It also has some much wider tiger stripe on the top which almost turns pink when you move it around in the light. Beautiful guitar and color. Probably be the reason it is somewhat of a case queen.

My custom 22 is Makena blue but is very light in the middle with much less of a greenish tint. It also has some much wider tiger stripe on the top which almost turns pink when you move it around in the light. Beautiful guitar and color. Probably be the reason it is somewhat of a case queen.
Beautiful guitars want to be played too.

What dsenoj said. Besides, a ding only hurts for a little while.

Dings are also incredibly inspirational - I'm always amazed at how creative my language gets when it happens!

There is one on it the size of = and is not a ding, it is a separation between layers of the v12 finish. Kind of like a little bubble dent separation thing.

I absolutely love the guitar and when I pull it out of the case, people are magically drawn to it because of the color. Total Wow factor and I am surprised it does not show up in custom builds. It would for me.

Bullocks on the color crap. Beautiful sounding guitar.

I can't stand blue guitars. Every time I see one I just lose track of time and stare. Holy cow it's Saturday? I started reading this post on Thursday! Just kidding. It's my dad humor starting to kick in. Beautiful guitar. Kinda jealous on how good these finishes look.

I have an unfair advantage in photographing guitars.

PRS-2013-CU24-Blueburst_252.jpg

PRS-2013CU24_2530bb1024.jpg

PRS-2013CU24bb_2531x1024.jpg

Back