Luxury guitars?

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Maybe .... But sometimes it is nice to be able to enjoy some of the finer things in life. In this case, a great American guitar, and a great Scotch whiskey. Let cheat day begin!

20220110_164216_by_klbryanphotography_dexw5q6-fullview.jpg

I’m a vodka man,pretty simple like me haha,never had a decent whisky only the cheap stuff haha
HUGE difference between the cheap whiskey and the decent stuff. ... then a big difference between decent and GOOD.....and another step between good and GREAT!

Think Popov's VS Beluga Gold. It can be THAT kind of difference.

I'm having a hard time with the term 'luxury' when the color of the guitar matches the color of the scotch, but the color of the pic doesn't match either. :eek:
That was what made me think of the pic. The grey stone in the wall and the dead ivy against the butterscotch look of the SCOTCH and the vintage natty top on that fiddle. Just seemed like a decent pic. Even the olive drab of my shirt kind of worked the contrasts there. :D

That was what made me think of the pic. The grey stone in the wall and the dead ivy against the butterscotch look of the SCOTCH and the vintage natty top on that fiddle. Just seemed like a decent pic. Even the olive drab of my shirt kind of worked the contrasts there. :D

OK now that I know you selected the stone for the wall and wore that shirt so they would both match the guitar pick, then waited for the ivy to turn just the right color to take the pic, I'm definitely getting 'luxury' :):):)

HUGE difference between the cheap whiskey and the decent stuff. ... then a big difference between decent and GOOD.....and another step between good and GREAT!

Think Popov's VS Beluga Gold. It can be THAT kind of difference.

Yup!! I'm more of a Bourbon guy than a Scotch guy (I DO live in Kentucky :) ) but a nice 25-year old Macallan is a thing of utter beauty. I've had it once, just freaking marvelous. The 18-year is ridiculously good as well.

As for Bourbon, a good bottle of Blanton's is sheer joy.

Maybe .... But sometimes it is nice to be able to enjoy some of the finer things in life. In this case, a great American guitar, and a great Scotch whiskey. Let cheat day begin!

20220110_164216_by_klbryanphotography_dexw5q6-fullview.jpg

Living your best life - nothing wrong with that combo

I'm pretty dang fond of Balvenie as well.

I bought my dad the Balvenie Caribbean Cask for his 70th a few years ago

When I did imbibe, I became a far bigger fan of Irish whiskey over just about any scotch or bourbon. Was a tad smoother (to my tastes) and not too boldly smoky or peaty. Really liked Jameson ever since attending the distillery in Dublin years back. Picked up some of the lesser shared offerings that we can't get on the shelves here, and both my wife and I were two of the fortunate few that were allowed the feature taste comparisons complete with the certificate of "select whiskey tasters". I have also had the honor/pleasure of acquiring some Midleton Rare (Jameson's upscale bottling) at a couple duty free shops when travelling. Of course, as with all "special" breed grogs, it costs a goodly sum to avail, but WTH right? They come with a special certificate that you can take to the distillery and have your bottle registered in the Midleton history ledger. Which I absolutely did of course.
Good thing I don't actually reside in my ancestral homeland, drinking over there is much akin to swearing/cursing. It's is beyond common place activity, more like an art form. But what else do you do on a rainy evening? After a full days ride, you're never far from a pub (hic).
It only rained twice the week we travelled by m/c in the North. Once for four days and then again for three days. Beautiful country/island...just needs a roof over it LOL.

I'm rather pedestrian compared to you connoisseurs. I'm perfectly content with a 12 year old Macallan, Glenfiddich, or Glenlivet. Doesn't have to be 18. Perhaps I'm robbing the cradle!

Now regarding Gin, I'm pickier...Monkey 47, if you please. Nothing else compares.

I'm rather pedestrian compared to you connoisseurs. I'm perfectly content with a 12 year old Macallan, Glenfiddich, or Glenlivet. Doesn't have to be 18. Perhaps I'm robbing the cradle!

Now regarding Gin, I'm pickier...Monkey 47, if you please. Nothing else compares.
My personal favorite, let's use the caveat for the money, is the Glenlivet 15-year with the French Oak finish. It's about the best I've stumbled across for the price tag.

Back