Love the feeling here.

I'm new here, as well. Seems like a great place to be. FWIW, I get to see a lot of SE, S2, CE and Core models, and my feeling is you can't go wrong with any of them. I guess I'm firmly entrenched in the S2 camp, as that's the only PRS I own and what I can afford. At the price point, the S2 and the CE are an incredibly good value.

...Honestly, I think all PRS price points are fantastic, but above $4000, my eyes go crossed and I forget who I am for about 30 minutes.

With people always reminding us that "tone is in the hands", it makes me wonder why any of us want a guitar that costs more than $250. :)
” Love the one your with”
Welcome!!'!!!!

Welcome! I came here because I acquired an S2 594 and knew nothing much about it, and was snagged! Now many SE and a couple S2 more I've gone Core. Like getting older, it'll happen to you :)

Well put response Les! It is very true. I think of it as a great guitar makes it easy to hear your mistakes.

It’s a nice little corner of the interweb. Welcome!

^this^

I personally have felt a lot of forum “love” from the good people here.

It’s not about what you’ve got (well it is a bit, but I live vicariously through others), it’s about how you participate.

We are a reasonably “well mannered” bunch here.

Howie @DreamTheaterRules will is extol the virtues of speedo and Julie Bowen.

There’s a wealth of knowledge that people are very generous with.

Sometimes it’s like being on an auction site without the temptation of hitting “buy-it-now”

Les @LSchefman frequently speaks to himself, don’t worry he is as sane as a 70(0) year old man can be.

But you know all this because you’ve hidden in the shadows.

Have fun.

And to think I was just going to congratulate your boys the Hawkeyes on a dominant defensive game against a pretty decent Kentucky team. Then you have to go and ruin it by waving a dirty diaper! :D
:D:D
The did dominate Kentucky. Two pick sixes. Not sure if the outcome would have been the same if Levis had played. Their D was great this year.

The did dominate Kentucky. Two pick sixes. Not sure if the outcome would have been the same if Levis had played. Their D was great this year.
Their D was very good! They even held the Buckeyes down for a half.

Yes, Welcome indeed. I've been hanging around a year or so. A nice place.
Oh, it's all good for now. Just don't ever admit that you're a fan of Michigan, or the Browns or Steelers, and you should be good to go.

:p:p:p

Welcome to the forum!
What about the 49'ers, Giants, Sharks, a couple or three or four local basketball teams (clearly not really a basketball fan), and my (paid for by a generous employer) alma mater USC, who just wet down their leg on Monday?

OK, enough searching for a pile of grief from the sports fans... Nice folks, lots of knowledge, quite a few uhm, individuals (present company included). And S2's. Yup, hell of a guitar for the money. All one of my electrics are S2's. All one of my acoustics are not PRS (a brand that starts with Y and is seemingly the SE and S2 of guitar brands). SE's are indeed a gateway drug, and a hell of a guitar as well.

Love this post! I’ll just add this- we’re all chasing the tone in our own head (soul?). It’s a totally subjective (and probably unattainable at any rate ;) but the right instrument to get you there has to be one that speaks to you. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what it says on the headstock, if you dig it. But there is a reason professionals (in any field) mostly use the best tools available.

A hack like me can’t use it as well as they do, but it’s still inspiring to know what it’s capable of…
This is so true!

However, I don't think it's unattainable. I've absolutely found several 'tones in my head' that I use constantly. On the other hand, it only took me 50 years to find them... ;)

Then again, it was time well spent!

Lol lots of responses here. Just proving why i am digging this forum even more.
On a side note, i think i am done modding my newest se custom 24 at the moment. Brass bridge block, tusq nut, SD hotrodded set, prs locking tuners, dunlop straplocks, white bird knobs and fully set up to prs specs (everything needing adjusting). The most inspiring guitar i have had in my hands in a long time. And i thank a lot of the posts and links on this forum for pointing me in the right direction for getting these mods done, i did everything myself and i didnt trust any other source of info on prs guitars than this forum.

This is so true!

However, I don't think it's unattainable. I've absolutely found several 'tones in my head' that I use constantly. On the other hand, it only took me 50 years to find them... ;)

Then again, it was time well spent!

Fair enough! I suppose I’ve found a few that I use all the time too. Maybe it’s just that the target keeps changing :D

Back