Looking for some random wiring help

TLOPband

Hey everyone. Soooo here's what I did.
Changed my Mira from an H-H with a 3 way blade switch to an H-P90‐H with a 5 way blade switch. Then I decided to wire in a switch that would engage the bridge pickup regardless of what position the blade switch was in so I could get the bridge and neck together (and all three pickups when the blade switch was in position 2). Then I thought it would be cool to hook up a 5 pin LED latching push button to replace the minitoggle I had to activate the bridge. I managed to wire it correctly, and made a makeshift battery pack for the LED using three button batteries, two wires and some black tape. My question is, the two outer pins on the switch are the positive and negative for the LED light but if I hook those to the battery pack, itwill keep the light on all the time. How would I wire it so that the power would only go to the light when the switch is pushed in? No diagram came with it, but the 5 pins from left to right are NEG, C1, NO1, NC1, and POS from what I can make out on the back of the switch. I've got C1 wired up to Lug 1 on the Volume Pot (that is connected to the blade switch) and have NO1 wired to the bridge wire so it does exactly what I wanted it to do there, but what would I have to do to get this switch to only light up when the switch is engaged? Any ideas?

Do you have a photo of the switch? I'm struggling to picture it. A link to the product would also work

Sounds like a cool mod!
Hey there! Here's the switch I bought (except I got the white one)

Latching Push Button Switch, 16mm 12V LED Latching ON/Off Power Push Button Switch, 1 Pack Power Symbol+Ring LED Stainless Steel Waterproof (Green) https://a.co/d/bqxJlnN

I have a PRS Swamp Ash Special that I modded this way with a push pull pot, and did the same mod on an Epiphone Nighthawk with a minitoggle, but thought the push button with an LED would be cool. Looks good and works fine, just wish I could get the LED to do what I want to. Maybe hooking the positive wire on the battery pack to the common pin? I wonder if that would complete the circuit from battery to LED.

Last edited:
51CIFfz+pJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Did you wire it like the top diagram or the bottom diagram? From your description, if you wired the LED to the 2 outer lugs, then you wired it like the bottom and that's your problem.

Back