PRS partial coil split question

TLOPband

Hello all. I've got a Mira that I put a minihumbucker in the middle position and switched to a 5 way switch. I have each pickup wired to a mini toggle to do coil splitting but l'm swapping that out for three slider switches (as in a Jaguar style switch setup) to do the coil splitting instead. I was wondering if I were to take the three ground wires that would ground out/split the coils and wired them into an ON/ON dpdt switch, could I wire in a resistor to the switch so that when I flicked it I could swap between a standard coil split and a partial split? Would it be as simple as putting the lugs to ground but with a resistor in between one?

Last edited:
Hello all. I've got a Mira that I put a minihumbucker in the middle position and switched to a 5 way switch. I have each pickup wired to a mini toggle to do coil splitting but l'm swapping that out for three slider switches (as in a Jaguar style switch setup) to do the coil splitting instead. I was wondering if I were to take the three ground wires that would ground out/split the coils and wired them into an ON/ON dpdt switch, could I wire in a resistor to the switch so that when I flicked it I could swap between a standard coil split and a partial split? Would it be as simple as putting the lugs to ground but with a resistor in between one?
Yes. Run one path straight to ground and the other with the resistor in series.

Back