Looking for a wiring diagram

DougUSMC

Perpetual Practicer
Finally getting around to swapping out the McCarty pickups with a set of 57/08. If I'm remembering correctly, there's something tricky that I need to be careful of, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Should be straightforward. Just depends on what wires the 57/08 have and where the set came from.

Cool, thanks for the reply. IDK why, but I thought there was something different about a McCarty (or maybe McCarty pickups), so that a set of 57/08s wouldn't work directly without a work-around?

If they both have the braided wire plus the white wire for coil splits nothing changes at all just straight swap in and out

Cool, thanks for the reply. IDK why, but I thought there was something different about a McCarty (or maybe McCarty pickups), so that a set of 57/08s wouldn't work directly without a work-around?

For a McCarty, nah not really. If the 57/08 set came out of a Custom with blade switch, they'll be reverse polarity from each other, but that's about the only gotcha to be aware of.

For a McCarty, nah not really. If the 57/08 set came out of a Custom with blade switch, they'll be reverse polarity from each other, but that's about the only gotcha to be aware of.

The set came out of the PRS website. :D You actually solved my problem almost exactly 3 years ago, in THIS post...

Before:
RCrLnFt.jpg

After: (yup, a couple of burn marks proves I did it :D)
R9dbhw2.jpg

Everything works great after, I'm a little surprised. I'm a *lot* surprised at how much better the guitar sounds with the new pickups, but I probably shouldn't be...

Back