Locking Tuners for PRS McCarty 594 SE

kurrykid

I know there are a lot of discussions on locking tuners. However, I am still not sure of the exact ones to purchase. I would also like to know if PRS has their own that will fit. I know they have locking tuners but I cannot verify if they have ones that will fit.

Most recommendations have been for the Kluson's but when I go to their site, they have a lot of options for the Kluson 3 Per Side Deluxe Series Tuning Machines so again not sure of the exact ones that will fit the 594 SE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i installed Graphtech Ratio vintage tuners (PRN-4424-N0) on my Zach Myers that had the worst tuners ever. Although they are not locking, they are Fender style with the hole in the middle of the shaft. They are very good and strings replacement is quick. However, I had to drill as the screws are more separated than the PRS.

You could always consider this -

I called PRS and they said the PRS Vintage (Locking) Style Tuning Machines are the right ones for this guitar (available on their accessories page). Unfortunately, they are out of stock :(

Just wanted to update the post for others.

Thanks for all the replies.

I called PRS and they said the PRS Vintage (Locking) Style Tuning Machines are the right ones for this guitar (available on their accessories page). Unfortunately, they are out of stock :(

Just wanted to update the post for others.

Thanks for all the replies.
You in the UK?

The UK accessory store never seems to have regular stock of anything. I often wonder if this is a supply chain demand thing, but it was like that before the pandemic so who knows.

I really wish they’d add an “email me when back in stock” function to the store.

You in the UK?

The UK accessory store never seems to have regular stock of anything. I often wonder if this is a supply chain demand thing, but it was like that before the pandemic so who knows.

I really wish they’d add an “email me when back in stock” function to the store.
No, I am in the US.

Must be a hot item. When I talked to customer service, she said she just needed to have them added to the site...they showed up later in the day (yesterday). They just probably need to know they are sold out again.

They are hot because the tuners that come on the SE 594 are dismal and best. I have bought guitars that were $150 and have better tuners. It’s a shame. Not typical of PRS. Going to be replacing them as soon as I figure out what I am putting in their place.

Back