Locking tuners for PRS Custom SE

Exist a direct fit for a Zach Myers with the vintage looking buttons?
I used these on my ZM, direct fit no modding, and they have the greenish tint on the buttons like the stock ZM ones.
TK-0735-001 Locking Tuners Vintage 3x3 Nickel

10.jpg

All of my other SEs have the Planet Wave AutoTrim locking tuners, but the headstock needs new screw holes drilled, but they are my favorite locking tuners next to the Phase IIIs like I have on my 408.

I'm looking at getting either a used SE Custom 24 or SE Tremonti Custom (First PRS, woo!) and planning some upgrades to the hardware. Will the Phase II and Phase III tuners drop in or no? Also, what's the difference between the II and III and is it really worth the extra money?

I have 6 SE's and prefer the Hipshot open back locking tuners, with the universal mounting plate system. There's no drilling, they're AMERICAN made, and they don't weigh a lot. I have the closed back Hipshots on a heavier 245, and Schallers on my SE Singlecut (previous owner). The curve on the sides of the tuners also matches the curve on the top of the headstock. This is also an easily reversible mod if you lose your senses and sell the guitar.

I'm looking at getting either a used SE Custom 24 or SE Tremonti Custom (First PRS, woo!) and planning some upgrades to the hardware. Will the Phase II and Phase III tuners drop in or no? Also, what's the difference between the II and III and is it really worth the extra money?

Phase II tuners are a great addition to the SE's. Ive got them installed on 2 SE Mushok baritones, an SE Tremonti Custom, and a SE Singlecut. The only issue is they are not drop ins. Dont be intimidated as they aren't too hard to install. You just gotta drill some different pilot holes. Another thing is that they WILL NOT cover the old tuner pilot holes. You can either leave them that way or fill them in like I do. If you leave them then its not very noticeable. Ive had Grovers and Schallers before they don't come close to the Phase II's. Those combined with a new nut give them unmatched tuning stability. I usually found them on ebay from $130-$180.

Back