Lifetime Keeper

I've declared an acoustic and an electric for each of my daughters as well.
Both my boys have been recipients of a PRS, already, from me. And as far as MY guitars are concerned, they've already voiced their decisions about what goes to who(m). Now I can't get rid of anything. ;)

And because I'm a sentimentalist, I've never sold a guitar, so I have nothing to regret.

I've lost count, but there are a few that spring to mind (keep in mind, these are all lefty so in several cases they were literally the only version of that guitar made by the company. Literally 1 of 1):

a Santa Cruz 000 12 fret 1929. All mahogany with a beautiful sunburst. That one stung. I'd buy it back in a heartbeat if I saw it come up for sale again.

A Collings 290. Cherry red with Lollar P90's.

A Collings 01. Small body acoustic with a HUGE tone. Same as the Santa Cruz, I'd buy this sucker back FAST.

And I'm about to sell my latest lifetime guitar: a Rick Kelly telecaster. It was my dream guitar and I loved it. Until I got My PRS.

My first guitar is probably also my first lifetime keeper. Partly because I still hang on it (although I hardly ever play it), partly because I think nobody would want it :D
It's a 2004 Epiphone Les Paul Standard with flame top and I've re-done the electrics twice, as far as I can remember. It's pretty heavy (about 5kg) but it sounds quite OK on an amp.

The second lifetime keeper is my only other (electric) guitar: My Custom 24. I was the first person ever to play it (factory staff not considered, of course) and it started to sing right away, so I kept it. :)

Back