Lifetime Keeper

13712103_1068010813280920_226069717_n.jpg
13712750_1745237095751217_292731488_n.jpg

My lifetime keeper...all beaten up and full of love. Lots of sweaty love.

I have only sold one guitar - A 1980 Gibson LP Standard that I purchased in (you guessed it) :D1980. I sold it 2 years ago because it simply was becoming too heavy to play and I could not get comfortable playing it sitting down. I of course replaced the guitar with a PRS:)

I don't think I have ever publicly declared a guitar a lifetime keeper. Probably because I knew I'd eat those words if made public. In the spirit of the thread I am sure I have named a guitar...or two...lifetime keepers to friends. The only one of those guitars that I have sold was a DGT. I had a DGT from the 2010 Experience run with Pernambuco necks. That guitar was a monster. So nice, I sold it twice?! Not sure that's how that is suppose to go, but you get the idea.

I am so bummed I sold mine. That one is my #1 guitar selling regret.

Confession time. Who here has publicly declared a guitar as a "Lifetime Keeper" only to move it on in life? Name that guitar(s).
My '77 Strat because I've had it for 39 years this month(total garbage). The ME1 & 408 Braz as I want to will them to my girls when I'm gone(plus one acoustic each)

I have owned around 40 guitars over the years. I only regret loosing three of them and those went many years ago. I have four now and one is a lifer (CS63 Tele that I have played for about 10 years). My current PRS is a 07 SCT artist in black/grey and I don't see it going anywhere as I play it the most, but the others are trade bait (CS 60 Strat and a very nice Orpheum slot head 12 fret). I like em all but I always see other things I want to try. I am a butterfly to the guitar flowers of life... I go from one to another freely.

I'll play!!!

I just acquired a minty-fresh 2016 CU24 in Fire Red Burst. I offloaded a few 'lower-end' guitars to get it...and it is an absolute beast of a player. Everything feels right, and I hereby publicly announce that it is a keeper, for better or worse (the better being the guitar, the worse being my playing of it).

I will go a step further, and state that my on-order 594 will also be a long-haul guitar for me, until I get a PRS sponsorship and acquire my own sig model.

Every Les Paul I've ever bought was declared a "keeper", until it wasn't. I've been through a half-dozen or so in my life.

I just acquired a minty-fresh 2016 CU24 in Fire Red Burst. I offloaded a few 'lower-end' guitars to get it...and it is an absolute beast of a player. Everything feels right, and I hereby publicly announce that it is a keeper, for better or worse (the better being the guitar, the worse being my playing of it)..

Dud you post pics?

My Washburn N4 was a keeper, but eventually I found Floyd equipped guitars a pain in the neck, as I regularly broke strings. I switched to Steinbergers, as string changing took seconds, and the bridge locked too.

A friend owns the N4 now, and I covet the guitar whenever I see it, even though I doubt I'd play it much if I got it back.

Although I've only had my CE24 a week, I really think it will be a keeper.

I loved my PRS SE Santana so much I bought a second one as backup.....only to go back to playing a Telecaster. I still have them and they are still great but they don't get any gig time right now.

Back