Let's see your cabs

thats some cool sh-stuff man! :rock: Are those V30s behind those beam blockers?

Thanks Boogie. The head is from roughly '99, Dual Caliber 50 watt. It was marketed as the clean channel from a Mark IV and the distortion from the red channel of the Rectifier, so I'm surprised you don't see them more often. The highest profile artist I've ever read used one was Jim Root from Slipknot. Apparently he had a 100 watt Dual Cal when the band first started.

The cab was custom built (waited six long months) back in 2006. It was shortly after getting the cab that I sourced the same white tolex from the same company Mesa gets it from, and had the head covered the same color. It came stock with. V30's, which I'm really not that fond of. I switched out two of them for a couple of Jensen Chicago series 100 watts, placed in an X pattern with the V30's. I've also since removed two of the beam blockers, so I have one of each speaker with and without blockers. I perfer to mic the speakers without the blockers whereas the other two give the high end some spread when your standing in front of the cab.

There the deets!

I have two Marshall 4x12 cabinets. One slant, A cabinet and the other is the matching flat face B cabinet.
Both are the model 1960 cabinets from the JCM 900 series.

I bought each seperately, used, from two different craigslist ads.
Both are not only used, but giged heavilly. In spite of that though, they don't really look very bad.
Each one cost me less than $400.00 and they sound INCREDIBLE/FANTASTIC/AWESOME!

Thanks Boogie. The head is from roughly '99, Dual Caliber 50 watt. It was marketed as the clean channel from a Mark IV and the distortion from the red channel of the Rectifier, so I'm surprised you don't see them more often. The highest profile artist I've ever read used one was Jim Root from Slipknot. Apparently he had a 100 watt Dual Cal when the band first started.

The cab was custom built (waited six long months) back in 2006. It was shortly after getting the cab that I sourced the same white tolex from the same company Mesa gets it from, and had the head covered the same color. It came stock with. V30's, which I'm really not that fond of. I switched out two of them for a couple of Jensen Chicago series 100 watts, placed in an X pattern with the V30's. I've also since removed two of the beam blockers, so I have one of each speaker with and without blockers. I perfer to mic the speakers without the blockers whereas the other two give the high end some spread when your standing in front of the cab.

There the deets!

That white looks very nice! A very clean look!

Here's my homemade 1 x 12 Celestion vintage 30

c1322855_image_0.jpg

Marshall 8080 (rebuilt)
Rwp5PM8.png

Marshall DSL100 + 4x12 (being rebuilt as we speak)
8Nq91KU.png

And one of these - Orange Micro Terror
K5nZETO.png

My two lonely little cabs are in the background in the pic.

I have them on the other side of the room from the heads, which I realize seems a bit weird, but it helps when I'm recording to be able to hear more of their sound through the headphones than from the roar of the cabs right next to me in the room. So they're about 20-25 feet away from my workstation area, and aimed at the mics instead of at me!

There are times I set them up in my storage room with a long cable when I really need to crank them, but that's pretty unusual, for the most part everything works well where they are.

I run a Mesa Lonestar special through a Mesa 4x10 and get very nice results...

The cab is loaded with 2 Weber Alnico's and 2 Tone Tuby's

MesaLonestar_small_zpsbjzryjj2.jpg

MesaCab1_small_zpsxzhxdjwh.jpg

I just got a Soldano cab but haven't had as many chances as I would like yet to really work it out with my PRS Original Sewell 50.

Build quality on this is awesome. Reasonably price too, at least according to me!

Some home made cabs.......Pine, with birdseye maple veneer, cherry and walnut trim. The 2 x 10 and 2 x 12 are modeled after the Swart mono/stereo, with speakers mounted at an angle for broad distribution. The bigger one (1 x 15) is modeled after an original Fender Showman "Tone ring" cab. Weighs something close to 100 lbs due to the construction. That speaker is really old----Had it since the 70s, I think.----Since been replaced with one more comparable to the old JBLs, but with a bit less of the ice picky edge.

One of my hobbies.

BB998, how do you like that Thiele with the V25? I love my V25!

PRS HXDA and Stealth 2x12

C16413EF-15D0-49E9-9FFF-97B2969F678D_zpscqtavoqk.jpg

Same head on an old Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks... what a sound! This was a friend's that I tried out for a while.

FA676170-2088-469C-A9CD-7F1FE4A699AE_zpsbdims7cq.jpg

Back