Let's see those McCarty's (All variants)

AF1QipPoMQgbHuwUO9bOi7ZEIhqhfTYl1M370WFH3x7Z

UeiYuTYmKr6YycGi9

My two cents

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UeiYuTYmKr6YycGi9
Wowza! With a maple board no less!! That is one helluva an example with an almost chevron quilt!!!

Blue Crab Blue? If so, I have its twin. Amazing sounding guitars that defy description (those pickups! they're amazing! what the hell are they?).

But... I always thought these were in the Custom 22 family, not McCartys per se. (Though I guess I never measured body thickness.) Would be interesting to know for sure.

Blue Crab Blue? If so, I have its twin. Amazing sounding guitars that defy description (those pickups! they're amazing! what the hell are they?).

But... I always thought these were in the Custom 22 family, not McCartys per se. (Though I guess I never measured body thickness.) Would be interesting to know for sure.

Yes... BCB! Hmmm.... you may be correct. The artist V pups are really awesome. Let's see the twin :)

Let's see the twin :)

Not the best of lighting, but it's the only pic of the guitar that I currently have shareable online. When I got it (used) it had already faded a slight bit, so it's go this faded teal-blue thing going on. But that fretboard is the most elegant looking & feeling thing ever. And again--those pickups! My goodness, the pickups.

Jcaaor1.jpg

Not the best of lighting, but it's the only pic of the guitar that I currently have shareable online. When I got it (used) it had already faded a slight bit, so it's go this faded teal-blue thing going on. But that fretboard is the most elegant looking & feeling thing ever. And again--those pickups! My goodness, the pickups.

Jcaaor1.jpg
Stunning! It's such an elegant beauty.... sonically spectacular as well!

Best playing and sounding guitar I’ve ever played. Lucky to own it. The neck fits my hand perfectly. Next up is a McCarty HB for me! My first PRS and definitely not my last. Have become obsessed with this one

Edit: I’ll get photos on here eventually ‍♂️

Last edited:
Here are my two. Not fancy compared to many in this thread but I love 'em.

An '06 upgraded with 57/08s. Amazing, vintagey 3-D tone, just sounds like drinking bourbon & playing the blues til dawn in a smoky club.
Seductive, hypnotic, and highly addictive. I named her Lilith.

Miss Scarlet, an '07. All korina with Brazilian fretboard. Sequestered for many years, finally sold as NOS in 2015.
Sweet retro voice, yet handles gain like a champ with the stock A4 pickups. Downright luminous in the right light.

Here are my two. Not fancy compared to many in this thread but I love 'em.

An '06 upgraded with 57/08s. Amazing, vintagey 3-D tone, just sounds like drinking bourbon & playing the blues til dawn in a smoky club.
Seductive, hypnotic, and highly addictive. I named her Lilith.

Miss Scarlet, an '07. All korina with Brazilian fretboard. Sequestered for many years, finally sold as NOS in 2015.
Sweet retro voice, yet handles gain like a champ with the stock A4 pickups. Downright luminous in the right light.

Pair of hotties.

THERE we go, finally. Apparently photo bucket won't host for free any more so I had to find a new host.

Anyways, this is my first PRS. I've been playing guitar for 20 years and have owned/still own many brands (Fender, Gibson, Jackson, ESP, Carvin, Taylor, Yamaha, Martin, Epiphone, etc.) I took a chance on this one - have played my cousins 408 a few years back and really liked it. Never played a McCarty model and gambled on some Covid work from home burnout, but knew this was the model for me after some extensive research. Still, a gamble to buy something you haven't played before. This is by far the best guitar I have ever played - in playability and sonic characteristics. It's perfect in every aspect, the only thing I will change is adding strap locks :) The neck is perfect for my hand. The pickups and electronics are flawless, touch sensitive, and coil split is by far the best sounding coil split I've heard yet. It's also a looker.... yes, I sprung for the BRW too with the Wood Library version.. go big or go home at this point for me. It cleans up so nicely, I usually mess with tone and volume knobs as I go, but have never played something that was so responsive and has the ability to fine tune like this guitar does. I am extremely lucky and fortunate to say I own the best guitar I've ever played! I could rave for paragraphs about all the positives but I'll stop here... for now :)

Next up... can't just have one right?! I want a McCarty Hollowbody Wood Library in Aquamarine. Next up as soon as I find it.

THERE we go, finally. Apparently photo bucket won't host for free any more so I had to find a new host.

Anyways, this is my first PRS. I've been playing guitar for 20 years and have owned/still own many brands (Fender, Gibson, Jackson, ESP, Carvin, Taylor, Yamaha, Martin, Epiphone, etc.) I took a chance on this one - have played my cousins 408 a few years back and really liked it. Never played a McCarty model and gambled on some Covid work from home burnout, but knew this was the model for me after some extensive research. Still, a gamble to buy something you haven't played before. This is by far the best guitar I have ever played - in playability and sonic characteristics. It's perfect in every aspect, the only thing I will change is adding strap locks :) The neck is perfect for my hand. The pickups and electronics are flawless, touch sensitive, and coil split is by far the best sounding coil split I've heard yet. It's also a looker.... yes, I sprung for the BRW too with the Wood Library version.. go big or go home at this point for me. It cleans up so nicely, I usually mess with tone and volume knobs as I go, but have never played something that was so responsive and has the ability to fine tune like this guitar does. I am extremely lucky and fortunate to say I own the best guitar I've ever played! I could rave for paragraphs about all the positives but I'll stop here... for now :)

Next up... can't just have one right?! I want a McCarty Hollowbody Wood Library in Aquamarine. Next up as soon as I find it.
Fabulous looking guitar. You chose wisely.

Back