Korean made PRS SE 245 Whale Blue?

lafate

I have recently acquired what was described to me as an excellent condition Korean made PRS SE 245 in Whale Blue for 550 cash.

The thing is when researching this guitar all i can find are Indonesian made PRS SE 245 in Whale Blue that seem to average in value from 600-750, with a different adjustable bridge than the one on mine. The bridge on mine is a nonadjustable one. Perhaps a previous owner changed the bridge, i haven't been able to verify much on this though. After extensively searching both Reverb and Ebay i have been unable to locate any guitar like mine made in Korea.

Is it a very well made fake, or what is going on with this guitar? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
It appears as if i cannot upload some images
Post some pictures of the guitar so that we can have a look at it.
Ok i figured it out. Here we go.
hoR2jBQ.jpg
pkm3Xeb.jpg
7yhhcDE.jpg
9JsUeAQ.jpg

Looks legit.

..... and $50!?!?!
Thank you and yup $550. Is that a good deal?

Looks indeed like the real deal. According to the PRS website your guitar is a 2017 model.

Year identification

Ok awesome and thank you for the link. This is my first PRS so i am trying to learn all i can. I am highly relieved it isn't a fake as seeing Indonesian after Indonesian ones before finding this forum made my heart drop.

I assume the bridge difference is likely just manufacturing differences between the two countries?

You're welcome. If you Google your guitar with the addition of "2017" you can also find some reviews and videos of it.

The guitar looks to be in excellent condition so yes I believe you made a good deal on it.

Congrats on your first PRS and enjoy it!

Thank you and yup $550. Is that a good deal?
I assume the bridge difference is likely just manufacturing differences between the two countries?

Yep, that’s a pretty good deal.

As for the bridge, they changed from the one piece to the adjustable in 2019. One piece is awesome. It’s used on the Core guitars as well.

Another SE 245 owner here!

Go get that baby, if you haven’t already.

They are ridiculously good for the money. They’re even better when gifted to you!;)

I have it right here, just finished a practice session. One thing i already like it how easy it is to play.
There are no sweet spots on any of the frets i have found yet to hit a perfect note, it just plays good regardless of where your finger is.
I also noticed it seems to have a good bit better sustain than my Sheraton. Or maybe it just hits the ear sweeter, nice and clear ring. Either way works for me.

Back