Keeping vibrator bar in place

mbrusko

Having a devil of a time keeping the vibrator arm on my P22 in place during gigs. It inevitably wiggles out and falls on the floor. I do remove it when I put the guitar in the case (to keep it from depressing the strings). But I assume everyone does that. So why does this thing keep sliding out ... and more importantly, what can I do to make it stay put, when I slide it in there? (Yeah, I know, "That's what she said...").

Having a devil of a time keeping the vibrator arm on my P22 in place during gigs. It inevitably wiggles out and falls on the floor. I do remove it when I put the guitar in the case (to keep it from depressing the strings). But I assume everyone does that. So why does this thing keep sliding out ... and more importantly, what can I do to make it stay put, when I slide it in there? (Yeah, I know, "That's what she said...").
All jokes aside, there's a set screw that will clamp down on the tremolo arm. If you bought your P22 new, a very small allen wrench was probably included for that very purpose. I keep mine just loose enough to be able to still remove it when it goes in the case, but still plenty tight to keep it from wiggling or sliding, especially while using it.

Edit: Found a picture. Hope this helps!
TensionSetScrew.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DHW
I'll have to ask the wife how she keeps her vibrator arm where she wants it....

All jokes aside, there's a set screw that will clamp down on the tremolo arm. If you bought your P22 new, a very small allen wrench was probably included for that very purpose. I keep mine just loose enough to be able to still remove it when it goes in the case, but still plenty tight to keep it from wiggling or sliding, especially while using it.

Edit: Found a picture. Hope this helps!
TensionSetScrew.jpg
Thanks for the "screw" reply, drdoom. Totally appropriate, given the extra r I added to what should have been spelled "whammy bar."

Thanks for this thread. Reminded me that the wife wanted me to pick up some batteries...........

Ha! If I was braggin' I wouldn't be buying batteries :oops:

Nah, it the batteries offer an adjunct to the real experience is all!

But help me out here...

Wouldn't a vibrator bar just be a nice, friendly place with a little atmosphere, where you could hang out with your vibrator, have a few drinks, meet a few friends with their vibrators, and maybe hear "Good Vibrations'?

Last edited:
Nah, it the batteries offer an adjunct to the real experience is all!

But help me out here...

Wouldn't a vibrator bar just be a nice, friendly place with a little atmosphere, where you could hang out with your vibrator, have a few drinks, meet a few friends with their vibrators, and maybe hear "Good Vibrations'?
Indeed it would. Yes, indeed it would. Now I'm gonna be singing Beach Boys songs all day

Back