JULY 2015 VAULT! BEHIND THE SCENES!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Hey folks!

I wanted to give everyone a behind the scenes look at our July 2015 visit to the PRS factory.
We had the pleasure of meeting up with JFB, JustRob and vchizzle so that they could pick out some KILLER build woods. Check out their threads in the Electric Instruments section for more pics. I can't wait to see those in the build process! Great couple of days, great fun and great guitars. Thanks to you guys as well as the PRS team!

As always, please contact me any time if anyone has interest in meeting us in Maryland for a day like this to pick out the woods for your own build.

In this thread will be some behind the scenes photos of the Vault and PRS factory. Also, Ill post the couple of builds that I did for the shop and some new inlay and color materials. Some of these photos taken by my buddy Eric at Eric Brushett Photography. ENJOY!

First, here are some photos of the crew in the Vault room.

PRSBriansGuitars-41.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-35.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-31.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-59.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-49.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-115.jpg

Here we have a few more Vault photos including some shots of a discussion I had with Paul (video coming soon), a moment chatting with the king of color Dave C., a customers Dweezil build and an evil inlay we are working on!

PRSBriansGuitars-106.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-110.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-67.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-70.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-77.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-8.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-14.jpg

PRSBriansGuitars-62.jpg

On to the builds that were done for the shop!

PS#5907
McCarty Singlecut Iceberg Crossfade
Brand new finish color!
Quilt top with matching headstock veneer and curly maple neck
Iceberg stained curly maple birds
Ebony board

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

PS #5909
Custom 24, Laguna Dragons Breath
Curly Maple top (hand-picked by Paul Smith), neck and fretboard
STUNNING figured Mahogany body
Blue Dicrolam birds

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Dicrolam.jpg

On to the builds that were done for the shop!

PS#5907
McCarty Singlecut Iceberg Crossfade
Brand new finish color!
Quilt top with matching headstock veneer and curly maple neck
Iceberg stained curly maple birds
Ebony board

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Can't wait to see how that turns out. New colour looks great on those test strips of wood!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm sure, many many more times until I quit this forum (I can't): (whimper)

Zombie inlay has inspired me. Now that I know they can do literally anything, it gave me an idea.

Thanks for sharing!

:five: :top::top:
5907 gonna be sweet. So the question is, which zombie color does that crazy fretboard end up on??? Can't wait to see all the guitars from this trip take shape!

Now that I know they can do literally anything, it gave me an idea.

"Anything" might be a stretch. Brian had some even crazier ideas that were shot down. For now....

(But those ideas were truly insane. "Can we make one out of concrete?" type of ideas. Your dreams are probably far more practical. Brian lives on the edge.)

"Anything" might be a stretch. Brian had some even crazier ideas that were shot down. For now....

(But those ideas were truly insane. "Can we make one out of concrete?" type of ideas. Your dreams are probably far more practical. Brian lives on the edge.)

Eric is the cast iron guitar champion!

Oh, yeah, no, nothing like that -- I was just talking shapes.

Back