A Quick July 4 Improvisation

László

Too Many Notes
Each year I try to write a short piece on July 4, because it's fun, and my day is unscheduled. If they're good, I send 'em out to friends and family. If not, they go into the digital ash can, never to rear their ugly heads again!

But I like this one. It reminds me in a way of some of the Windham Hill stuff I listened to long ago.

II's very short. I wanted to get outdoors to enjoy the sunshine, so I stopped playing. Yet it has a certain charm. See if you like it.

Each year I try to write a short piece on July 4, because it's fun, and my day is unscheduled. If they're good, I send 'em out to friends and family. If not, they go into the digital ash can, never to rear their ugly heads again!

But I like this one. It reminds me in a way of some of the Windham Hill stuff I listened to long ago.

II's very short. I wanted to get outdoors to enjoy the sunshine, so I stopped playing. Yet it has a certain charm. See if you like it.

I like it! I think it fits perfectly with Robert's painting you have on the page as well, I can totally picture that bit going through the kids head!! I also like hearing the simplicity of just the piano and your playing, nice change of pace!!!

At 0:54, the timing of your transasition I think is off a bit. At 1:05 I don't know what you hit on the keys there but it did not fit IMO!!! As usual, thanks for sharing and keep it up, I always enjoy your pieces!

Great job like always, both composition and playing! Hope you had a great 4th, and keep getting better.

Gotta admit I only knew Windam Hill for guitars but listening to some of their keys pieces on Youtube I see the similarity.

Hey Las, I liked it too! I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way, but you could file this one away as a possible commercial backing track as well. For some reason, I was thinking of a medicine commercial as I was listening to a part of it (e.g. Consult your doctor if you want to take prescription Laszlozine. Laszlozine should not be taken if you are on blood thinners. Yadayadayada).

Hey Las, I liked it too! I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way, but you could file this one away as a possible commercial backing track as well. For some reason, I was thinking of a medicine commercial as I was listening to a part of it (e.g. Consult your doctor if you want to take prescription Laszlozine. Laszlozine should not be taken if you are on blood thinners. Yadayadayada).
I'm ready!

Back