John Mayer SE

Not sure if that was mentioned here but on the headstock pictures it looks like the roasted maple was used.

If price point is what it's mentioned here massive thumbs up to John and Paul making guitar that so many people would be able to afford.

As much as I'm on the same page as before and SS is just not my thing I see this go fast

The negative comments about color offerings amuse me. The comments are much worse on FB, of course.

If PRS had issued this model in black, white, and silver/gray, with maybe a candy-apple red type, the moaning about "boring predictable color schemes, we had all those on the US SS, give us something different, may as well be a Toyota Camry" would be endless. PRS used colors that don't seem to be anything else in their recent offerings (esp since solids are not their schtick), covering non-typical interpretations of red, blue, green, and yellow, mimicking (IMHO) a couple of the colors offered by Fender for their lower-end Strats (Buttercream, Tidepool).

Oh well.

I look forward to trying one of these, though I doubt I would buy one (since I have a US SS).

Ageed, People are going to complain no matter what. It's the new world and even worse in fakebook land.

I'd like to see all those colors mentioned (candy apple, yum!) but on the flip it was smart to offer the different finishes.. The space they are going after is a tough one and PRS needs to separate themselves as much as they can, just as they have with the SS finishes.

I personally like the finishes more today than I did last night, but I also liked them last night. I also liked all my crayons as a kid.

9mje7qizvv981.jpg

8r140tk0wv981.jpg

v1md55b3wv981.jpg

2seydee4wv981.jpg

All the colors have already grown on me. I'm still leaning in the stone blue and moon white direction. Another thing I noticed was the domed input jack...another nice touch. I really liked it on my other SS. I sincerely hope they've built a WHOLE lot of these and I hope they sell every one of them. It'll drive the naysayers nuts!:cool:

The negative comments about color offerings amuse me. The comments are much worse on FB, of course.

If PRS had issued this model in black, white, and silver/gray, with maybe a candy-apple red type, the moaning about "boring predictable color schemes, we had all those on the US SS, give us something different, may as well be a Toyota Camry" would be endless. PRS used colors that don't seem to be anything else in their recent offerings (esp since solids are not their schtick), covering non-typical interpretations of red, blue, green, and yellow, mimicking (IMHO) a couple of the colors offered by Fender for their lower-end Strats (Buttercream, Tidepool).

Oh well.

I look forward to trying one of these, though I doubt I would buy one (since I have a US SS).
It amuses you that people don’t share your point of view? How arrogant does that make you I wonder?

Ageed, People are going to complain no matter what. It's the new world and even worse in fakebook land.

I'd like to see all those colors mentioned (candy apple, yum!) but on the flip it was smart to offer the different finishes.. The space they are going after is a tough one and PRS needs to separate themselves as much as they can, just as they have with the SS finishes.

I personally like the finishes more today than I did last night, but I also liked them last night. I also liked all my crayons as a kid.
Maybe people just don’t like the colours? Is that really complaining, or are you just being defensive?

I don't really mind the colors. At least they're a little different.
Do not see th colors as that different to be honest. Different shades of basic colors guitars have basically always been avaible in. Overall, the red and blue will likely sell out first. I think green will be the slowest mover, but that may just be my personal preferences showing though.

I'm sure they'll let it settle in for a year or so, then introduce a few more colors.

Any bets on how long it is before we see some "limited release special colors" on these? :cool: I'm not talking the $500 premium, difficult paint job ones like on the US model, but I bet there are some not much more than 6 months out from official intro.

Then, depending on sales the first year, either 1 year or 2 years til the maple board model comes out.

It amuses you that people don’t share your point of view? How arrogant does that make you I wonder?
No it amuses me that color choices seem to be such a Big Deal, especially for solid finishes of an entry-level brand. I don't have a really strong point of view or opinion about the colors, and I while can understand why some folks might be disappointed that their favorite color wasn't offered, I guess I'm just perplexed, perhaps, at the energy that goes into some of the statements.

As I said, if the shoe had been on the other foot with black/white/red/gray, there would have been griping about that.

Just out of curiosity, what four solid (and easily attained) solid colors would you have suggested?

Do not see th colors as that different to be honest. Different shades of basic colors guitars have basically always been avaible in. Overall, the red and blue will likely sell out first. I think green will be the slowest mover, but that may just be my personal preferences showing though.

The green was the one I found most appealing. It's great to have choices.

Maybe people just don’t like the colours? Is that really complaining, or are you just being defensive?

Who's being defensive?

I'm simply of the mindset that thinks it was intentionally smart to launch with a little different colors instead of just another black S style guitar. Rather the rest of the market does or not ultimately only matters to PRS.

Back