John Mayer SE

I just can't wait to get my hands on one. I liked the neck carve on my SS, the small frets and 7.25 radius didn't bother me. Probably because the set up was spot on. Hope it's good on the SE too. Not nuts about any of the colors either. It would be a tough call on any of them but I guess the "White Moon" and the "Stone Blue" if I end up having to choose. Either way I'm stoked to see how good they are.

P.S. Paging Mr. Ewald to the demo room!!! STAT!!!

Last edited:
Deadman, you really came through for us on this one! I can see a whole lot of these getting personalized at this price point. This should go over extremely well, as long as it stays PRS quality. You…..da…….(dead) man, JM. And the yellow moon is badazzz, and I’m not a Strat player.

I knew I should have kept the Eric Johnson p/u…… I’m 100% sure it would have sounded bass ass.

Deadman, you really came through for us on this one! I can see a whole lot of these getting personalized at this price point. This should go over extremely well, as long as it stays PRS quality. You…..da…….(dead) man, JM. And the yellow moon is badazzz, and I’m not a Strat player.
You will be very soon… haha

1qm1v0zt2q981.jpg

6fnny0zt2q981.jpg

mje0d1zt2q981.jpg

grw9r0zt2q981.jpg

vzu7q1zt2q981.jpg

LOL! I knew he’d leak it early.

Maybe not as thin as a shredder neck, but the dimensions are close to the maple SS neck.
My RW SS is THICC.
To me they are thin even with small hands.

.97 is on the chunkier side of things, comfy full, but thicker than my WT, WF, Pattern, and Pattern regular necks. Only my Santanna neck profile measures thicker at .99

2 point trem choice is a surprise. Does that mean it will be floated? Will that change resonance and the signal/noise ratio they stated Mayer wanted for the core version decked?

I just can't wait to get my hands on one. I liked the neck carve on my SS, the small frets and 7.5 radius didn't bother me. Probably because the set up was spot on. Hope it's good on the SE too. Not nuts about any of the colors either. It would be a tough call on any of them but I guess the "White Moon" and the "Stone Blue" if I end up having to choose. Either way I'm stoked to see how good they are.

P.S. Paging Mr. Ewald to the demo room!!! STAT!!!

If I had to guess, I’m sure it’s already in the can.;)

Back