J.M. Playing Black Silver Sky on SNL

Rockmark

First sighting I've had of a live one. Great to see him playing it on SNL tonight. Did anyone else catch this?

You win the prize! I almost hit the FF after I realized the song sucked. I toughed it out after I noticed the guitar and thought "that can't be J-M, can it".
What's up with that?

I felt the same way. Couldn't really figure why he was there and the song sucked. But it was great to see a SS out there on prime time.

I try to appreciate music that isn't really what I would usually enjoy, but I don't know why a musician would allow themselves to be associated with such crap. This was almost as bad as Kanyeasey last week. People refer to Kanyeasey as a musical genius. He's the first tone deaf musical genius I've ever seen. I'm still not sure if the shuffling Perrier bottle was a joke or his genius coming through.

I've heard worse (like Kanye West). I am waiting delivery of a black SS later this month. I couldn't really hear JM in this clip except for some whammy chords at the end.

I've grown to hate autotune so badly... words can not describe it...

Bring me some NWA, Big Daddy Kane, etc...

The most interesting thing about that 'musical' clip was the chick in the uniform doin' her 'thing' with the wooden merry-go-round horse. But I was disappointed she didn't have a real dramatic moves, like a hand stand on the saddle at the climax of the incoherent lyrics warped by auto-tune. But I felt really sorry for the dude 'playing' the Hofner; he wasn't keeping up with the pre-recorded track, but like Mayer, got a Union check for their time and trouble and an update to their CV...

I was like "what is this" and then I saw Kevin Parker from Tame Impala playing bass and JM comping chords and was like "what is this"

That was so bad. I saw the guitar and said, "look it's a Mayer model!" to my wife. She didn't care. We were both stunned out how bad the "music" was. Then I looked closer and saw it was actually Mayer...so the "cool, it's a Mayer model" fell apart fast. Doesn't count since he was playing his model.

I watched this, and it made me glad my first live sighting of the Silver Sky was Eric Friedman with Tremonti. It sounded great there, and he told me after the show that it's his favorite guitar right now (he played two - one his, one Mark's).

Back