I've found The One

GS1

Sorry for the cheesy title, pretty I much can't help myself! Anyhoo...

Browsing Ebay last week (I know, mistake number one), I ran across this NOS SE One that a dealer had in his store hanging around. Now, I had a Korina One for a brief time, and while I thought it was great, I really didn't like the looks of it for some reason, and I sold it off. I did love the simplicity, and thought it sounded nice, and decided that if I ever run across another one, I might snag it. Well, using the excuse that my daughter needs to learn on something better than a beat up $100 Epiphone, I contacted the seller, and we made a deal.

Well, I could not be more happy with it. He gave it a really great set-up, including a new set of 0.010 strings. He also threw in an additional set in the case! It plays like absolute butter, I mean I have played guitars that cost eight times what I paid for this, and I would take this. I would guess it's slightly under seven pounds, which is great. How in the world do they do it, seriously.

This is actually the first time that I bought a guitar that was in Better Condition than was described! He said it was in good shape with a few pick scratches, but I can't find a scratch or blemish anywhere to be honest. It is absolutely GORGEOUS in person, and my cell phone can't begin to capture how nice it is.

The pickup sounds great, and will probably be staying. Thanks for the advice of several here that reported that they really like it in their guitar. That's what I get for trying to replace stuff before it even arrives! The volume control actually works pretty well too.

Anyway, thanks to all of you enablers. My New Years resolution is now officially in shambles.

PRS%20One_zpsprfx76pj.jpg

Congrats. I love the simplicity of that guitar. Glad you EBay transaction worked out and that you dealt with an honest, ethical seller.

NOS, wow. Super cool guitars. I won't say I regret selling mine, but I sure wouldn't have minded keeping it.
There is a white one on Reverb as we speak...looks amazing! Make an offer as well. I actually saw it right after I bought mine, and I love white guitars. Must, look, away...

Edit: PLEASE, Someone buy this thing before it's too late for me!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words/congrats! I think that it is extremely cool that folks that own world class pieces of art, and actually MAKE MONEY with it, can still appreciate an entry level instrument. It's why I love this place.

I had a Korina One a year or three back...great guitars!

You can't just have only One...nice score. Way better than the Hondo I took my first lessons on way back in 19wonderful!

Well there's red, black, white, whitewash, seafoam green and 2 korina's to go. But for now you're on your way:cool:
congrats

Back