Italian donk

Chitarrista scarso

Hello friends,
inspired by the Paul's guitar (maybe i should say by stealing from the Paul's guitar) i'm planning to put two mini switches (SPDT on/off/on) before of pickup selector on my beloved PRS Custom 22, to obtain for each pickup three options: north coil, full humbucker, south coil.
I saw many wiring diagrams similar to this, and i ask help from you;

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pr...iring-Mod---HumbuckerCoil-Tap-North-Coil.html

really, it's so simple and works, or could i have troubles with phase?
My doubts are mostly about wiring of the signal from two mini switches to main pickup selector, i've not understood how works (and if works!)
I need your help, i know i'm in the right place.

Antonio

I doubt you have any trouble with phase and if you do you can just swap the wiring on one switch. I've never seen one like this but I know you can use a DPDT ON/ON/ON switch for full humbucker/single/parallel humbucker.

I have done this with PRS pickups. they are wired a bit differently. For Instance, if you just run the red leads to the switch as in the schematic found here. http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/schematics/schem08/custom3waytoggle.pdf then you will get the screw coil of the Bridge PU and the Slug coil of the neck PU. You can get the opposite coils if you flip the hot and ground wires. but if you only do one you will have phase issues. the only way to fix that would be to flip the magnet of the pickup that you flip the hot and ground wires.. at least that is what happens on the older grey wire 3 lead pickups..

Thank you guys, Jimi and Zebra i appreciate your help.
According the diagram posted i could select either north coil, south coil, or both at the same time for each pickup; in other words three different combinations: screw coils (outer), or slug coils (inner), or full humbucker.
I'm wondering if is possible, it's a bit different than a "normal" split system, with only two options.
Thanks for your input, some ideas?

Thank you guys, Jimi and Zebra i appreciate your help.
According the diagram posted i could select either north coil, south coil, or both at the same time for each pickup; in other words three different combinations: screw coils (outer), or slug coils (inner), or full humbucker.
I'm wondering if is possible, it's a bit different than a "normal" split system, with only two options.
Thanks for your input, some ideas?

That diagram will not work with normal PRS pickups.. they only have 3 leads + ground. White, Black and Red for coil split. that is why I posted the PRS diagram..

That diagram will not work with normal PRS pickups.. they only have 3 leads + ground. White, Black and Red for coil split.
Sorry Zebra it's the same thing, because two middle wires are connected at the central contact.
Hot = North start
Split = North finish & South finish wired together
Ground = South start + shield

Yeah, it'll still work the same because instead of having 2 wires in the middle going to one spot, it'll have one wire connected to both coils and then going down to the middle spot.

Back