It took me 30 years but I finally got around to PRS...

Jmgs2m1

I thought it would be fun to share my guitar journey through the years, I'm sure all of you have your own stories that differ widely from mine.

I started playing almost 30 years ago with a 1992 Fender HM Strat (MIJ) that looks exactly like this (I don't have the guitar with me, it lives with family in another state). Thanks dad, I realize now what an awesome guitar it was to start on!

8VWtu0R.jpg

During college, I pretty much played my Martin D16GT and the electric sat unplayed. I eventually got the itch to start playing electric again though...

Growing up, I idolized guitar players who played both Fender and Gibson guitars, so I just had to get a Gibson. I didn't have that much money back then, so I couldn't afford a fancy Les Paul, but I did manage to acquire a new Les Paul Studio in 2001.

Life happened, and I put the guitar down for a decade until I felt compelled to start playing again in 2011. I celebrated with a 2011 blue sunburst G&L Legacy that I custom ordered from G&L.

For many years, I played the electrics I had as well as my most costly guitar I had purchased to date: a Taylor GS8-E acoustic.

LL2IJYu.jpg

I found myself working a lot and I moved to a new state... my guitars once again sat neglected. A few years ago, I fell back into electric guitar playing big time and I have remained there since then. I bought a Helix and a Line 6 Variax JTV-89F. This has been my most played practice guitar by far. The alternate tunings are SO convenient.

H2nhw1I.jpg

Still addicted to guitars, in 2019, I ordered a Kiesel Delos and it has been fantastic.

As a kid, though, I always lusted after the PRS guitars I would see in guitar magazines... I hoped someday I could get one for myself. Well, I finally did it. I was debating for months over a CE24 vs a Custom 24, and in the end I wanted my first PRS to be a Core model that was a little bit more different from what I already had. I ended up with a 35th Anniversary Custom 24.

I'm lucky to say that I still have all these guitars. Here are the 4 USA made electrics I have acquired over the years: 2001 Les Paul Studio, 2011 G&L Legacy, 2019 Kiesel Delos, 35th Anniversary PRS Custom 24.

kqPAmH5.jpg

I realize I have severe GAS, but I guess there could be worse things to spend money on and I think I inherited from my father a huge appreciation and love for music, even though we are just some amateurs.

I thought it would be fun to share my guitar journey through the years, I'm sure all of you have your own stories that differ widely from mine.

I started playing almost 30 years ago with a 1992 Fender HM Strat (MIJ) that looks exactly like this (I don't have the guitar with me, it lives with family in another state). Thanks dad, I realize now what an awesome guitar it was to start on!

8VWtu0R.jpg

During college, I pretty much played my Martin D16GT and the electric sat unplayed. I eventually got the itch to start playing electric again though...

Growing up, I idolized guitar players who played both Fender and Gibson guitars, so I just had to get a Gibson. I didn't have that much money back then, so I couldn't afford a fancy Les Paul, but I did manage to acquire a new Les Paul Studio in 2001.

Life happened, and I put the guitar down for a decade until I felt compelled to start playing again in 2011. I celebrated with a 2011 blue sunburst G&L Legacy that I custom ordered from G&L.

For many years, I played the electrics I had as well as my most costly guitar I had purchased to date: a Taylor GS8-E acoustic.

LL2IJYu.jpg

I found myself working a lot and I moved to a new state... my guitars once again sat neglected. A few years ago, I fell back into electric guitar playing big time and I have remained there since then. I bought a Helix and a Line 6 Variax JTV-89F. This has been my most played practice guitar by far. The alternate tunings are SO convenient.

H2nhw1I.jpg

Still addicted to guitars, in 2019, I ordered a Kiesel Delos and it has been fantastic.

As a kid, though, I always lusted after the PRS guitars I would see in guitar magazines... I hoped someday I could get one for myself. Well, I finally did it. I was debating for months over a CE24 vs a Custom 24, and in the end I wanted my first PRS to be a Core model that was a little bit more different from what I already had. I ended up with a 35th Anniversary Custom 24.

I'm lucky to say that I still have all these guitars. Here are the 4 USA made electrics I have acquired over the years: 2001 Les Paul Studio, 2011 G&L Legacy, 2019 Kiesel Delos, 35th Anniversary PRS Custom 24.

kqPAmH5.jpg

I realize I have severe GAS, but I guess there could be worse things to spend money on and I think I inherited from my father a huge appreciation and love for music, even though we are just some amateurs.
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!!! And welcome to the forum! I have a similar story in some senses. For example, put guitars away for years on end but would not think of getting rid of them. Decided this year to get a PRS after wanting one for decades! I now have two with a third only 4 weeks away!!! I have never played an instrument that feels as "right" as a PRS! And thanks for the pix, always great to see some fresh six strings!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Yes sir, there are many roads home, it just matters that you get there! We’ve all been down other paths, and still travel them, but we’ve settled in on the best way to get where we’re going!

Welcome to the forum!

Love those voilet blue burst 35th CU24's! I actually nearly bought one recently - lovely guitars.

Awesome collection, and what a fantastic/beautiful choice for first PRS! Congrats

Back