Is there any chance to get SE Custom 24 with 245 "S" pickup set?

h00jraq

Hello everyone!

I've already spent several weeks trying to find the right HH guitar and well, I found that it is SE 245 standard except... I can't handle Wide Fat neck :(. I have really small hands, and this neck is just uncomfortable for me compared to my tele or strat.

I've tried 35th Anniversary from 2018 and also SE Custom 24 but the thing is 245 "S" for me sounded much better to my ear compared to TSI or 85/15.

In a perfect world I could just swap them but well, can't find used in Europe and I can't buy them without buying a guitar :).

I'm curious if anyone has found maybe very similar pickups from SD or DiMarzio?

Two different beasts, single cut vs double cut. 22 fret vs 24 fret, pickups in slightly different positions and non-TCI vs TCI.

The amount of contact that the neck has to the different bodies has an effect on tone also.

Probably not of much help, but might help you make up your mind.

Message a reverb seller to see if they will ship to you. I would. Also SD has a pickup finder tool on their website.

The mahogany neck on the 245 may also have something to do with it.

That aside, you’re right to say the 245 S pickups are very good. I would say they’re a slightly hotter and contemporary take on a PAF. Maybe look at the Alnico Pro II or the Slash set, or even the Saturday Night Special.

Or, check eBay seller “e8en,” he ships internationally and has lots of SE pickups, including 245’s. I bought a set of SE Starla pickups from him and he was very prompt.

Maybe look for a used older Tremonti custom SE? They were speced with a wide thin neck and the 245 pickups. Great guitars!

Back