Is the NF3 the greatest guitar ever?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

The more I play this, the more it blows me away. First, the 57/08 pickups are incredible. Have them in my 25th Ann. Semi Hollow LTD C22. So having same spec, narrower version in the NF3, is already a major step towards absolute greatness. But, can this plain white guitar be the greatest guitar from a company that has made tons of great guitars? It doesn't even have the fancy birds on the neck (still don't like that, as it's a PRS hallmark to me, but for what I paid, I need to get over it! LOL).

I had been using mainly my Mesa Mini Rec and TA15 and Budda Superdrive since I got the NF3, but a couple weeks ago I got my Mesa Boogie Mark V 25, and it is just making me fall even more in love with this guitar. First of all, I know they are humbuckers, but with the mids and bottom pulled back on any of the clean channels, I can get some "close enough for most people" strat like tones out of it. Then flip it over to IIC+ or IV mode and it just SCREAMS. The high end is sweet, not strident. The pickups handle anything from squeaky clean to super high gain and anything in between. And sound GREAT at all of it!

Oh, and then there's the neck. The Pattern Regular neck in maple satin finish is the best neck I've ever played. Absolutely perfect!

I've read a lot here about how some of the proprietary pickup shape guitars can turn some people off because, "if you don't like em, it's not easy to swap em." Heck with that. These pickups are phenomenal, and if you don't like them, ... never mind. :D

I can't say enough good things about this guitar. I'm telling you right now, that this guitar and the V25 with NO pedals could cover any gig from country to the heaviest metal and anything in between.

I LOVE MY NF3!!!!!!!!!!!!

For higher gain work those narrowfields are the absolute dogs' knackers for sure. I'm a former NF3 owner and there are a lot of things I miss, and one of the major things is that neck. A thing of wonder.

I have had my NF3 for about 7 months now - I am with you. I can't say enough about this guitar! The neck seems to fit my small hand and fingers perfectly and I think that you said it all about the tone - sounds great - clean or with overdrive on any of the 5 pick up settings - with any volume level. The guitar sounds great through fender amps (tube or solid state). This guitar is a keeper & I am about to sell a 1980 Les Paul to assist in acquiring another PRS (either a Hollowbody II or Brent Mason or a 305 - I am agonizing at the moment)

I just think the pickups are incredible and in this configuration are extremely versatile.

Oh, and then there's that neck... :rock:

I had one and miss it. Seems like they just didn't catch on that well. The maple neck is to die for. The one I had was all natural and I'd love to get another but some dealers are still trying to get a lot for them while some used one's sell for less than 1k.

If I ever come across for one at less than 1k it's mine. I love the NFs in my McCarty and my SAS and I love the maple neck on the SAS so I'm confident I'd love it.

I really wanted one and went to the shop to purchase it, but someone had bought the last one they had and the one I really liked a couple of hours before. I sat down with a DGT that a guy had come in to buy and got there a few minutes later than I did. I walked out with it and am really happy but I still wish I had a NF3 to go along with it.

I picked an NF3 up a couple of years ago....yes, you're right, it's a sweet guitar! I love the pickups and that neck!

I think I'm fixing to grab one. I love the 57/08s, both regular and NF. I'm almost ready to grab a 25th Anniv. McCarty with NFs, but already have a DGT....so I may just opt for the NF3 :)

1940.jpg

ref=as_li_ss_tl

New to this forum, but needed to check in with you NF3 owners. How are we loving our narrowfields?

I just recently acquired a red korina, rosewood & maple version, which I adore. Most comfortable neck on the block! Really dig these small humbuckers that can quack like a strat, but play jazz like a 335. Very surprised they're not growing immensely popular. Guitar players are conservative beasts, I guess.

So, anyway, let me hear from those of you who still own your NF3! (I'd love pictures!)

Back