Is the MODCAT decoder site safe?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I just visited it for the first time after reading about it here, but I entered it via my Kindle Fire.
I then went to my PC to bookmark it, and my Webroot software for virus and malware popped up this page warning me the site is not safe to visit.

http://s-webfilter.webrootanywhere....tp://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/#?#?#4#?#?#0

I did find out some cool info on my 2013 408 MT though, it has a Honduran Rosewood fingerboard.
However it says my guitar color is orange, so it is not accurate.
My 408 is antique natural.

48M2F-HTN5T_OR_NB-B4

toragraphics.com is my domain. I just checked with the hosting service and they tell me that the site is clean - NO VIRUSES, NO MALWARE.

The webroot warning is in error.

If anyone ever gets a similar message, I'd appreciate a heads up directly by PM. I only caught this thread by chance today. Otherwise I would not have known about this issue.

Last edited:
Thanks Ruger, I will instruct the page to allow it through.
You may have not noticed this thread as all threads that fall under the General section are not showing up under the New Posts link.

I looked for an area on the weboot warning page I got to let them know it was safe, but there was not one.
Ruger would probably have to follow up with Webroot to let them know that Webroot is giving false positives for the decoder site.
When I get to work on Monday, I will see what Mcafee does there, as that is what we use at work.

This is from my service provider:

"Hi (ruger),

Not sure why this site is being thought of as unsafe from this link.

Our service scans your site every 6 hours and currently reports the site as clean. In addition if the site was unsafe it would be blocked by Google or other search engines.

If the site was showing malicious code according to our scanning service then we would clean your site of the code."

ruger, I contacted Webroot just now, but I may not hear back from them until early next week.
I let them know about the false positive, and that your site is clean.

I know what you mean about Google, I have them pop up the warning page before on sites that may be infected.
One of my off road forums I visit was tagged by Google as being unsafe, but it was not.
False reading somehow that got submitted to Google, and it got unblocked within a day.

Webroot software has an extremely low rating. That is a nice way of calling it garbage. If it will let you uninstall it, you might try AVG, Avast or Kapersky.

Back