Is the high E string on the Silver Sky suppose to be this low?

Revelation

Is it normal for the high e string to be much lower; granted I know there is a 7.25 radius neck so they made an adjustment as the neck is not flat.

Also the E, A, and D strings buzz on the 6th - 8th frets. I also raised the B and E by half a turn to reduce buzzing too. Disappointed that I have these issues on a new guitar.

fjKPHZD.jpg

y4SCwP8.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new guitar .
If you had the guitar shipped to you , it spent some time in a hot and or cold truck and that's plenty to shift a perfectly good set up.
I would check your neck relief and get a set of radius gauges ( you can set it by feel but its harder )
You set up could be very close but that pic alone doesn't tell the whole story.

Of course not. That high E string is way too low.

The individual saddles and the underside of the strings should follow the arch of the frets although the bass side strings need to be higher than the trebles by a little bit.

There's lots of youtube videos on setting up a strat to play great and the Silver Sky is not very different.

Dan Erlewine's videos and books are very good.

Might want to study some.

Last edited:
I just wished it was setup correctly by PRS or Sweetwater. They are supposed to check these things before they go out

I just wished it was setup correctly by PRS or Sweetwater. They are supposed to check these things before they go out

Contact Sweetwater and ask what happened to their 55 point inspection?

"Inspected, Tested, Ready to Play
From our meticulous inspection processes for guitars and band and orchestra instruments, to generously updating firmware and creating new sounds, learn how Sweetwater does more before gear gets to our customers than any other retailer."

Sweetwater will more than likely kick you back a few bucks to cover a setup.

Is it normal for the high e string to be much lower; granted I know there is a 7.25 radius neck so they made an adjustment as the neck is not flat.

Also the E, A, and D strings buzz on the 6th - 8th frets. I also raised the B and E by half a turn to reduce buzzing too. Disappointed that I have these issues on a new guitar.

fjKPHZD.jpg

y4SCwP8.jpg
I would be disappointed if mine came from PRS that way…..

I always do a full setup to my liking on every guitar I get no matter who touched it last. I would not consider this a big issue. Guitars go through all sorts of temperature and humidity changes when they are shipped. That makes things move around a bit. It isn't unreasonable to need a little tweak once it gets to it's destination and acclimates to it's new home.

Back