Is it possible...

JRod4928

To remove the black paint from the back of a 2013 USA CU24 (charcoal burst) and refinish using clear gloss, or even a translucent 'grey' gloss to match the front?

I love my CU24, but if there was one thing I'd change, it's the black back.

Absolutely.....with their eyes closed and one arm tied behind their back! Head over to here and fill out a work order with photos. They'll send you a quote and you can move forward from there if you would like.

Absolutely.....with their eyes closed and one arm tied behind their back! Head over to here and fill out a work order with photos. They'll send you a quote and you can move forward from there if you would like.

My thoughts were that if they used filler for the wood grain and painted it over with black, you'd obviously see it if the black was removed. Is there any concern there?

My thoughts were that if they used filler for the wood grain and painted it over with black, you'd obviously see it if the black was removed. Is there any concern there?

No sir - PRS would never use filler on a guitar body unless it was part of a project that required it. Fellow forum member South89 had his Sig Limited go through the same process you are asking about so I would check it thread out if you need any convincing ;)

Before:
P1020440.jpg

After:

P1040165_zps1b032b44.jpg

You're right! that looks incredible. I wish they'd do that from the factory!

Thanks!

Back