PRS standard treble pickup

Olli

Hi and thanks for reading!
My main and reference in sound guitar is my one piece top '89 custom 24.
As a back up guitar I got a '07 Navarro signature (braz board) modified with a mil-com Trem and HFS/VB pickups. It really makes a good job but I'd love to change the HFS to a standard treble to come as close as possible.
Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to find a standard treble on the market somewhere.
So the question is: which of the PRS pickups would do the job best?

Regards
Olli

As a back up guitar I got a '07 Navarro signature (braz board) modified with a mil-com Trem and HFS/VB pickups. It really makes a good job but I'd love to change the HFS to a standard treble to come as close as possible.
Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to find a standard treble on the market somewhere.

Regards
Olli
if not too late , got one :)

Regards
Olli
Does your bridge pickup have the different pole pieces for high E and B strings?

Does your bridge pickup have the different pole pieces for high E and B strings?
have to look for it , i am not that expert in that case , i just got some original packed picks after liqidation of a shop ...... i will send you answer asap

Regards
Olli
Just a heads up, don't expect both guitars to sound identical, even with the same pickups.

I have a couple of CU22s (2006/2007) with Dragon IIs, one of them sounds .. ok .. the other sounds amazing.

So there's either a difference in pickup winding over the years, or wood really does make a difference, or both.

Hi and thanks for your replies!
Yes, the treble pickup has got the different polepieces on the high e and b. That's the one I'm looking for.
@ joeman: It would be nice to send a close up picture of the pickup - thanks!!!
@ Black Plaid: It's just a try... I actually put in a dragon II and changed the alnico 4 magnet to a Alnico 5 short and unpolished. That made a huge step in the right direction. It sounds really great but it still would be nice to hear the standard treble...

Thanks and regards
Olli

Back