Is Europe PRS's Test Bed

GADonis

Beautifully Broken
So Europe is getting Satin Nitro CE's but not the States to go along with the roasted maple neck SEs? Are these like trial balloons to see if they'd be worth offering in the US?

Maybe? Could be they have to think up special stuff because of CITES.

I think it is likely an increase in ebony fretboards will happen because of CITES. Many years ago I played a BC Rich Mockingbird that I think had an ebony board. I don't remember which model level it was but I hated how that guitar felt so this worries me a little. It probably shouldn't since I already have an indecent number of guitars and should probably not buy any more ever again. HA! I actually typed that with a straight face.

Another company went Pau Ferro.

But there are so many other alternatives to combat this “knee-jerk” legislation!

It's because the dealers there order these special runs. Any dealer can order one. Brian's Guitars is a good example of a dealer that has done some unique SE runs. Shawn posted this recently in another thread.

What bodia pointed out, and it seems has to do with the dealers knowing what their customers will like.

This isn't the first time they have done UK only. I don't remember anything coming of it except the UK guys got something they wanted. I think it is just market response.

Back