IRS SUCKS!!!!

Chris528

I was looking forward to a nice refund this year, but ended up owing a great deal of money. To pay for this I had to sell my first & only core PRS. It was a sad day
null-10.jpg

I sympathize with ya...I had to borrow from my retirement fund...Never thought of selling my PRS of LP...NO WAY..

That's CHANGE we can believe in! Someone has to pay for the new health care system. Thanks for your support!

Didn't you hear about the new PRS tax?

All joking aside, sorry to hear that! Major bummer, at least you still have those sweet SE's to keep you company.

How on earth does someone get in that predicament? Preventative maintenance. Prepare and be aware. Good luck to you. The IRS is no joke.

How on earth does someone get in that predicament? Preventative maintenance. Prepare and be aware. Good luck to you. The IRS is no joke.

Never owed in all my life so it was a huge shock.

That sucks! The IRS took a huge wet bite out of my ass in 2008 so I know what you are going for. If you haven't taken your one-time lifetime easement, talk to the IRS agent you speak with to find out more information. It can save you ALOT of money. However, if you get into tax trouble again, you won't be able to use it.

There are awesome people everywhere, especially here. It's kinda too bad there isn't a for sale section here, because there are likely forum members who would have bought your guitar and held it for you until you could afford to buy it back. I would do that if I had the spare cash, but I tend to spend it rather than have it in reserve. :)

I also had to move a guitar in 2012 due to unexpected major expenses, so I know it hurts. Just keep on keepin' on. It'll get better. It's only stuff.

There are awesome people everywhere, especially here. It's kinda too bad there isn't a for sale section here, because there are likely forum members who would have bought your guitar and held it for you until you could afford to buy it back. I would do that if I had the spare cash, but I tend to spend it rather than have it in reserve. :)

I also had to move a guitar in 2012 due to unexpected major expenses, so I know it hurts. Just keep on keepin' on. It'll get better. It's only stuff.

You're right John, there are awesome people. In fact someone on here did offer to buy it and hold it, but it was too late. It was very generous just a little too late.

I feel for ya, i was counting on a refund too, and had already planned to spend it on…. guess what? :wink:

Just found out i owe (turns out the wife put one too many dependents on the w-2 for her new job). So sad, but i promise all the Zach Myers SE's that i will own one of you one day!

Wow, that does suck...

Prior to about 4 years ago I would owe the IRS each year and even got hit with a penalty one year becuase the amount was so large. I started giving to charity and now I pretty much break even...I don't owe or get back money. The total amount comes out to be about the same but my feelings are I would rather give the money to a good charity than give it to the government.

Last edited:
Back