Introduce yourself!

Hey there.
Old school 90's rocker here. Bought a Strat Plus Deluxe back in 94 when I was only 15 years old and learned to play by listening to Nirvana records.
Started a garage band in 96 and graduated to a gigging band until around 2000.
Started a family in the early 2000's and now play only as a hobby.
Tried a couple Gibsons over the years but they never felt right to me.
After years of research, Finally bit the bullet and bought a PRS S2 24 the other day.
Absolutely love the guitar. Still getting used to only having a three-way switch and figuring out the humbucker tone. But I love the instrument.

Hey there.
Old school 90's rocker here. Bought a Strat Plus Deluxe back in 94 when I was only 15 years old and learned to play by listening to Nirvana records.
Started a garage band in 96 and graduated to a gigging band until around 2000.
Started a family in the early 2000's and now play only as a hobby.
Tried a couple Gibsons over the years but they never felt right to me.
After years of research, Finally bit the bullet and bought a PRS S2 24 the other day.
Absolutely love the guitar. Still getting used to only having a three-way switch and figuring out the humbucker tone. But I love the instrument.
Good to have you on board KylerBone! Be vewy vewy quiet, dey bweed like wabbits!! Enjoy!!!

Hello Everyone!

FNG

Been playing for fun and enjoyment for 50 some-odd years now.

Looking to get a PRS SE Zach Meyers Semi-Hollow 594 soon. Saving up in between girls homeschooling and today's costs for a family of 4. I'd work another job if I could but 2 is enough.

Should have enough for upgraded tuners and pickups by the time I'm ready! ;)

Thanks @PRS

Michael W

Aficionado

Hello Everyone!

FNG

Been playing for fun and enjoyment for 50 some-odd years now.

Looking to get a PRS SE Zach Meyers Semi-Hollow 594 soon. Saving up in between girls homeschooling and today's costs for a family of 4. I'd work another job if I could but 2 is enough.

Should have enough for upgraded tuners and pickups by the time I'm ready! ;)

Thanks @PRS

Michael W

Aficionado
Welcome Michael W! Hope you get that kick axe real soon!! Sounds like a great first choice!!!

Hi all late on the intro here.

Played music on and off for 30 odd years now, started piano, then guitar and bass, moved to drums for a couple of years and then sold everything and fiddled with acoustic stuff, hiatus because of life but always tried jamming where I could.

LSS; I lost my youngest brother last year and he was an incredible musician and it inspired me to get serious about not only playing again but learning, so started again learning, theory etc as I’d always been a ear player, bought my first electric in 20 yrs or 6 months ago and added 2 PRS SE to the collection this month, Tremonti 2008 and a CU24-08, yes they’re both SE but make me smile to play and more so make me want to play, pleased to be here and absorb the knowledge and general conversation as well as the great music.

Cheers guys 🍻

….. yes, of course I’m already looking and saving for a Core model!

Last edited:
So here she is. What i believe is a 2005 20th Anniversary McCarty. Has phase II locking tuners, Dragon II pickups, and originally had a 5 way rotary that i swapped out to a 3 way. This just seems more like a custom 22 stoptail to me than a McCarty. But I could be wrong. as i said previously, I have ordered up some McCarty's that i am just waiting for delivery on, so when i pull the dragon II's I will take a look at the stickering again in the pickup cavities.

ABLVV85mrbUBQbNOUw_7Ns26KZ07zwkFz3_ZVTyD5FQb5Otpwv1I6y3HWcs6hMVQCQ3Zkp_0B8kE9ptllKSNNyDqKHO0nehfasEB1FxY8Rt3efq180fBnJrz2IDg_0Oeh01yQUlNp3TojM2wO5UPNEUKgR4=w288-h488-s-no-gm
ABLVV87UtrKWByhuLI8-LUyWsjq570NERn8n6oSsj-D--kiuuLafK-qEnQXmRiaXH6m5qXjETp6p8oGNBydFY4RJRotyo1YskkVzw0CjBNqg6Xkei9vbQSyADkao2dj_T-WOvHkSYQv1PyVPx-9e2IHAjH0=w523-h899-s-no-gm
Nice

Welcome Craftsman! It's always beneficial to channel any kind of sorrow/loss into something productive and beautiful.
I'm pretty sure the only way I will ever end up with a Core model is a stroke of luck in finding one on the used market like I did with my S2. In the interim there is absolutely nothing wrong with SE's...aside from the inevitable addiction to PRS.😂

New to PRS here. Have been playing Gibsons, and Fenders for over 25 years. I'm primarily a Les Paul guy, with a bit of a Tele streak. My last Les Paul Standard was waaaay to heavy, so I picked up a SE Hollowbody II Piezo on a whim just to see if I liked the neck and body style. For about 6 weeks I hated it. Couldn't get comfortable, the tone was awful. Finally got one of my Fender tube rigs back up and running, and traded my Fender modeling rig in for a Boss Katana for some easy to dial in crunchy/gain-ey tones. What a difference. Now I'm looking at going to a McCarty 594 single cut as an alternative to LP Standards. Wish the wait time on the model I want wasn't 18-24 months here in my part of Canada.

New to PRS here. Have been playing Gibsons, and Fenders for over 25 years. I'm primarily a Les Paul guy, with a bit of a Tele streak. My last Les Paul Standard was waaaay to heavy, so I picked up a SE Hollowbody II Piezo on a whim just to see if I liked the neck and body style. For about 6 weeks I hated it. Couldn't get comfortable, the tone was awful. Finally got one of my Fender tube rigs back up and running, and traded my Fender modeling rig in for a Boss Katana for some easy to dial in crunchy/gain-ey tones. What a difference. Now I'm looking at going to a McCarty 594 single cut as an alternative to LP Standards. Wish the wait time on the model I want wasn't 18-24 months here in my part of Canada.
Welcome BillC1977!
Pics when you can, And don’t forget about your avatar.;):)

Welcome to the addiction club BillC1977! The HBII is a good place to start, congrats on that score!! As for the wait time, there are a lot of used and already in stock 594's out there, but if you feel like you have to have one hit all your specs, you may have to queue up!!! Enjoy ;~))

Welcome to the addiction (well almost)!
I don't know where in Canada you are located, but I feel your pain on availability and wait times. I waited almost an intolerable year for my Hollowbody II Piezo. Since then I've found a couple dealers out here in Alberta that carry more than just a few SE models, they have Cores and S2's as well, and not just a few of them. I hope you find what you are looking for in a McCarty, they are a fabulous guitar!

Back