Installing a Mann bridge

I am a BIG fan of *tubes, but if I was a touring musician making DECENT money I'd be looking at the added expense of tube amps (vs SS/modeling amps) too. I'd PROBABLY opt for tubes in the studio and modeling on the stage.
I'm shopping for a SMALL tube amp now. I love small Fender tube amps! Is it the Champ 600 that's the reissue of the original?
I have a Hot Rod Deville, but it's simply too heavy (I have degenerative disc disease) for me.
I was mistaken about title of the documentary; it's "Hired Gun" not "Gunslinger." I'm not sure where I got "Gunslinger." I THINK that one or more of the people referred to themselves as Gunslingers. Sorry for any confusion!
It's on Amazon Prime (free with Prime) and on YouTube (rental) if that helps, and I'm sure that you can find it on Kodi.
There are some real horror stories about working for some of the stars.I won't mention names, but there are two big stars in particular that stood out as real A-holes.
Their musicians quit the band (one to do voice acting for burger commercials): After a worldwide tour he'd asked for some way to earn more money [the hired players could not afford hotel rooms (they slept on the tour bus) on their per diem during the (>20 million records sold) band's tour] and was SERIOUSLY given the phone number of a local pizza delivery place.
There are some really GREAT star stories too; I don't mind mentioning their names...I think that Hillary Duff was one who was reported to be GREAT.
Anyway, "Hired Guns" is a "must see" IMO.
Thanks

Ah - I wondered if that might be it. I have that on my shelf. It’s fantastic. Lots of good docs about studio-types the last few years. I love that stuff.

She’s the real deal. And as nice a person as a guitar player. And she’s a straight shooter. At one Q&A I was at, someone asked her why she would use a modeling setup on her solo tour. And it was asked with an attitude. She very pointedly explained carriage costs, tour expenses, and that the band liked to eat, too, and that money had to come from somewhere.

I’ll have to look for that doc.

Sounds like a female Les Schefman, in attitude, not physicality!

Bought a Mann bridge for my S2 Standard 22. It is amazing. No wonder that it is priced this much.

I already installed it without strings. I already put on the springs. I followed the video instructions and on paper. But, I have a question... there's a clicking sound at the 1st string close to th trem arm when I dip it. Is that normal if it is not strung up yet?

Thanks!

im wanting to order one but it says they’re out of stock, are these still being made?

Bought a Mann bridge for my S2 Standard 22. It is amazing. No wonder that it is priced this much.

I already installed it without strings. I already put on the springs. I followed the video instructions and on paper. But, I have a question... there's a clicking sound at the 1st string close to th trem arm when I dip it. Is that normal if it is not strung up yet?

Thanks!

Looks like a few of the mountings screws need some re-adjustment. Once you get that squared away, you will be fine.
Sometimes when you first do the installation, the bridge needs to be manually put into place (knife edge to the grooves in the screws). Slight hand pressure will do the trick.

whats the difference in the nickel and the brass
Nickel is nickel plated brass. Raw brass is just one with no plating on it. Those would look like the trem on my West St. Ltd.

YkOT63S.jpg

Looks like a few of the mountings screws need some re-adjustment. Once you get that squared away, you will be fine.
Sometimes when you first do the installation, the bridge needs to be manually put into place (knife edge to the grooves in the screws). Slight hand pressure will do the trick.

John you are the man!

Nickel is nickel plated brass. Raw brass is just one with no plating on it. Those would look like the trem on my West St. Ltd.

YkOT63S.jpg

I call that guitar the “knee trembler”!!

Yes... there are 100 pcs out to my plating shop right now... Nickel, Gold, Black Nickel, Hybrids, Raw Brass
Probably be ready to ship within 10 days
Great... after I bought the PRS/Mann Vibrato bridge...

But, I am content and happy with the PRS/Mann Vibrato bridge already! Great sustain, and tone sounds fatter!

My only issue is that the trem arm is too short. It's shorter than the original. Why so?

Great... after I bought the PRS/Mann Vibrato bridge...

But, I am content and happy with the PRS/Mann Vibrato bridge already! Great sustain, and tone sounds fatter!

My only issue is that the trem arm is too short. It's shorter than the original. Why so?
I think it's more likely that the S2 trem arm is longer than the ones on the Core guitars for some reason. Your arm did not have the plastic tip, yeah?

Although I already posted this in the trem springs thread, I just wanted to share here that I took away one spring leaving 3. I wanted softer action and I like it better now. The flutter is more pronounced. However, I am still struggling to find the right trem spring tension to balance it well with the bridge parallel to the body.

Back