Incoming...

I played it over the weekend. My initial opinion hasn't changed much. I really like how the notes jump off of the ebony fretboard, but I still think it would sound better a little deeper in depth. I am thinking about spec'ing a Private Stock one a couple of months from now after I get "Afterglow" squared away.

I played it over the weekend. My initial opinion hasn't changed much. I really like how the notes jump off of the ebony fretboard, but I still think it would sound better a little deeper in depth. I am thinking about spec'ing a Private Stock one a couple of months from now after I get "Afterglow" squared away.

The extra depth just pushes them over the edge. I wish you could have played the four of mine to see which you preferred the most. 1: Chambered McCarty depth, (Blue ebony board) 2: Semi hollow McCarty depth, Braz board and neck (Pomegranate). 3: Chambered with 1/8" thicker body than CU22LTD. (My first one, brazzy neck and board) 4: Semi hollow with Fhole. (IRW neck and fretboard) You know that I think my blue one has the most magic. (Mahogany neck with ebony board) They call it chambered, but on the spec sheet call semi hollow. And on the spec sheet of what they call semi hollow, it also says semi hollow. :dontknow: You should get this straight before you order, because if you just state semi hollow, you could get one or the other, and they sound and are constructed quite different!

Back