Incoming...

Dancing Frog

Senior 513 Whore
Continuing research for project "XRB." 3 days to go...

Guess...Here's a hint. ;)
Hornofadilemma.jpg

It's a Chinese copy that you're going to cut the back up on and make into a PRS Reb Beach model?

KILLER guitar!!!! Love those semi hollow trems! :rock:

Congrats! I don't know how I made it out of EXP without one, but I occasionally kick myself for it.

Happy NGD!! I'd like to hear your thoughts on that one...

This is just my first impression after playing for an hour or two. The first thing I noticed was the neck. It is supposed to be a pattern carve, but it is more like a regular carve. It is as narrow as my P22. Not uncomfortable, but my 513 PS with a DGT carve is actually wider. With a body thickness like a Cu22, it always feels a bit like a toy to me. The DGT and 513's are beasts by comparison.

As with all guitars with the 408 system, it is very articulate. It is like playing a guitar in High Def. I compared it to my Signature LTD with the stop tail. As expected, it is not as mid heavy as a stop tail. The upper end of the tone is smooth and more rounded. It sits really well in a mix, but I found that I preferred the Signature LTD by itself and my 513 PS over both of them with the exception of the 513's high E string which sounds buzzy (It's not actually buzzy). I think the 408 semi-hollow could use a touch more mid range fullness and a little more bass. I would love hear what the 408 system on a DGT semi-hollow sounds like, because I think that might be my perfect tone.

Of course my opinion might be different after this weekend. The strings were pretty dead on the Signature LTD, and I need to change the 408 Semi Hollow to my regular brand, Curt Mangans. Curt Mangan always seem to fill out and smooth the sound a bit when compared PRS strings which are more edgy.

IMG_1447-1.jpg
IMG_1459-1.jpg
IMG_1456-1.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent score. I remember standing in line for EXP 2013 with Mike and Gian and Mike says hey dudes check this out and shows us this guitar. Wicked stuff. Congrats.

Back