Incoming santana se singlecut

GrumpyOldDba

Ok my emerald green santana is perfect except for location of volume control. I dont need an egyptian gold se exactly right?

But apparently theres one incoming used but excellent if one believes GC. Looks like feels like somebody had to sell one in NYC good luck person. Locking tuners installed already from pics.

I alternate between thinking its too far over the top ... but no i dont think so.

Im not thinking these TCI pups will be much different than 85/15s its going to be played with MT15 or Archon 25 combo. But time will tell ...

It’s definitely not over the top. I think it’s a really great color and I love that it’s a Singlecut. You have chosen wisely.

Hey thanks people yeah it should get here wednesday ...

I may be telling wife i spray painted a LP with gold metallic spray paint. After it gets here i want to get green emerald santana changed to swap volume knob position with 3 way switch. Then i have 2 bwa ha ha where vol knob out of the way.

You sir, are the sultan of Santanas, the same way that matt3310 rules the Zach Myers roost. We all look to you for wisdom in the Santana world, as the sacred keeper of the White Westie!

Ha! Thanks...

But I’m pretty sure Bodia and 11Top have had more than me. I’m sure I’ll succumb to getting one eventually, I just wanna try one first.

OK so the guitar is beautiful shape cosmetically don't really see any usage or scratches ... someone put in locking tuners already what model are these ( https://ibb.co/qsk3LtY )? Well I mean they are PRS with black screw tops.

The setup needs change its like way high at the bridge the back of the trem body is like titled way up above the body and the pickups are way out action way high near the neck pickup ( https://ibb.co/fStCHkC )?

Sorry not a good shot of that trem position at the back but its very shiny ha ha!

OK so the guitar is beautiful shape cosmetically don't really see any usage or scratches ... someone put in locking tuners already what model are these ( https://ibb.co/qsk3LtY )? Well I mean they are PRS with black screw tops.

The setup needs change its like way high at the bridge the back of the trem body is like titled way up above the body and the pickups are way out action way high near the neck pickup ( https://ibb.co/fStCHkC )?

Sorry not a good shot of that trem position at the back but its very shiny ha ha!
We'd need a picture of the back of the tuners to tell, for sure. If they have open (visible) gears, they are PRS Phase III. If they do not, they are either the upgraded SE locking tuners that PRS sells, or the upgrade set that John Mann sells.

As for the trem, you'll want to take the trem cover off the back off the guitar and tighten the two screws that hold the trem claw (the ones that go into the body). The trem claw is what the trem springs are attached to. You want the body of the trem to be level with the strings. Tighten each screw a turn until you get there.

OK so first impressions now. I fixed the trem back body that was flying way above the body of the guitar it needed a lot of tightening ( as Bodia noted ) by the two screws inside the trem cavity. I mean like wow maybe 1/2 and inch it took a lot to pull the trem back.

Then adjusted truss rod and string height a bit and set intonation. Pulled the pickups way back farther away from strings also.

Yesterday before making the pickup height change i did not like it much at all it was so loud.

Today now it's all good I am really digging the TCI pickups in this thing. Just playing clean channel stuff now so far to get used to it on neck pickup mostly.

When I compare it to 85/15s it sounds like a lot of the high range upper octave shrill stuff is gone. I like that change a lot so far.

I think I am going to need to play it for another week before really having much else to say except these pickups sound very nice.

OK so first impressions now. I fixed the trem back body that was flying way above the body of the guitar it needed a lot of tightening ( as Bodia noted ) by the two screws inside the trem cavity. I mean like wow maybe 1/2 and inch it took a lot to pull the trem back.

Then adjusted truss rod and string height a bit and set intonation. Pulled the pickups way back farther away from strings also.

Yesterday before making the pickup height change i did not like it much at all it was so loud.

Today now it's all good I am really digging the TCI pickups in this thing. Just playing clean channel stuff now so far to get used to it on neck pickup mostly.

When I compare it to 85/15s it sounds like a lot of the high range upper octave shrill stuff is gone. I like that change a lot so far.

I think I am going to need to play it for another week before really having much else to say except these pickups sound very nice.
Nice to hear you got it sorted out.

Well I have been playing it a lot. I still have not quite figured out why it like it so much ... the playability factor is very high it feels very good in the hands. Well its also very shiny and gold ...

I guess its what they have somehow done to the pickups but you can really wail on the upper two strings even smack them around a bunch especially high e string ( even by accident ) and it does not sound as twangy and treble "ee" as my other guitars.

AC/DC it sounds good Grateful Dead stuff / Clapton blues and Cream stuff ... no complaints with louder stuff. Backing off the top of the volume knob just slightly for quieter mellow stuff on clean channel it also sounds very nice. Dead Ripple and Deep Ellum Blues its great for that. MC5 and Grand Funk it cranks nicely!

OK what cases fit it though? My gator case that my other PRS guitars fit into it's a no go.

Looks like gator case has some really expensive Titan category that it Sweetwater says is a go.

PRS also has a case that it says works for singlecuts.

Ok my emerald green santana is perfect except for location of volume control. I dont need an egyptian gold se exactly right?

But apparently theres one incoming used but excellent if one believes GC. Looks like feels like somebody had to sell one in NYC good luck person. Locking tuners installed already from pics.

I alternate between thinking its too far over the top ... but no i dont think so.

Im not thinking these TCI pups will be much different than 85/15s its going to be played with MT15 or Archon 25 combo. But time will tell ...

Did you ever buy that singlecut SE in egyptian gold?

IMG-3465.jpg

IMG-3463.jpg

Back