In search of Tremonti Tribal bridge screw

ryparker

I was giving my 2004 Tremonti Tribal a set up to get it ready to sell, and one of the screws in the adjustable stoptail sheared in half. I am trying to find a replacement screw for it or I would even be willing to purchase a replacement bridge if I could find one that’s the “old style” adjustable stoptail. I’m wondering if anyone on here has this screw, or can direct me to a suitable replacement. I’ve already spoken with Mike at PRS Parts on multiple occasions and PRS no longer has them in stock. I’m hoping to avoid purchasing a “new style” bridge in an effort to keep this guitar as stock as possible. Thanks!
1B212617-4F7C-4FB5-9BB9-B32A5844980B.jpg

I would that should really be an easy find, take a good one to a machine shop and they can get you the specs for it. you know Shank dia, head dia, length, thread pitch etc.

With that you could use some google-fu and find one.

I took a screw to Fastenal today and got it measured. They didn't have that size in stock but we ordered some, so hopefully I'll have a correct screw next week. Thanks for the idea!

You'll also want to get an E clip to hold the screw in place. You'll need a 2mm outer diameter E clip. You can find them online or through most Hobby Shops (toy trains, etc)

Just in case you weren't aware, those screws have a notch in the threads just where yours sheared. That's where the E-clip that Shawn mentioned sits.

Thanks Shawn. 2mm is good to know. The 2.3mm e clips I had seen were too big.
ADP, it looks like I'll have to grind the new screw to create the notch. Fortunately the #2-56, 1/2" screws were a perfect fit.

Back