I'm going to need a lesson.......

Dude you're killin' it!!! The dots look just like the ones on my '93...I wish they were moons, but what can ya do, right? Put that thing out in the sun for a while!!

Dude you're killin' it!!! The dots look just like the ones on my '93...I wish they were moons, but what can ya do, right? Put that thing out in the sun for a while!!

Sun! That's a great idea. I'm not a huge fan of darker blues, but I do like Faded Bluejean!

Nice score!!! Not to offend some, but that is a GREAT blue. AND you can't ever argue with patina.

Congrats, and enjoy!!!
Kevin

Lesson.......remove wings, post them for sale, Install brass post ph2s, live happily ever after.

Bitchin guitar!!!###

I had a few things up on the Verb for the last week, or so. One of them was my Custom 50. Loved that thing, but I was looking to make some room, and raise some funds for the trip to Dave's next month. A gentleman reached out asking if I was looking to trade anything, amp wise. He's 10 miles away and says he's interested in the amp. I thanked him for the interest, but said I wasn't looking for a trade as I was trying to downsize from an amp perspective. A couple of days go by and he reaches out again asking if I'd knock $100 off my price if he came and picked it up. I said sure, but wanted to take it to him as I was going to be in the area today. We worked out a time and I showed up with the amp. Turns out his basement looks like Aristotle's warehouse! He's got amps (and guitars) everywhere! Also turns out that he played in one of the area's bigger "cover" bands for 15 years. Anyway, we're talking, shooting the bull, and I spot a sweet looking CE24 sitting against his workbench. I keep turning away to look at it. Can't stand it any longer and blurt out, "you interested in parting with that CE?" He says, "I could do that". Even up trade, my Custom 50 for his 1995 CE24. Wasn't expecting to come home with anything, but couldn't be happier how this worked out.

So, back to the title of the thread.....my first wings! I'm gonna need a lesson! Also my first set of HFS pick ups. This thing is in great shape for being 22 years old. The only visible wear is on the bridge. No scratches, dings or dents. Sounds awesome, neck feels great, and it weighs a ton.

Sergio, sorry bro......blue :eek:

20170321_140954_zpsiga1slxg.jpg

20170321_141006_zpsg8yhbbjb.jpg

20170321_141032_zps0ovv3z4g.jpg

20170321_141238_zpsbqvtants.jpg

20170321_141041_zpsaqz3q4tl.jpg
Amazing story, man, grats! Very sweet when life is obnoxiously good like that

If that were mine I'd put creme pick up rings and clear/black lampsades.........Liking the UV idea to make it FBJ-ish too!!

First, congrats on a nice score!

Second, always pop something under the bridge before you restring. Prop it UP, not level.

Beautiful guitar, Bodia. The fact that it is blue makes it even better amongst the real cognoscenti.

Back