If you were to order an Artist Package guitar right now, what would it be?

pat10295

Dedicated to PRS
Mine would be a Trampas Green Fade 408 MT Trem with a maple neck and fingerboard. Flame Artist Maple Top. Pattern neck profile. Hybrid hardware. How about you?

Last edited:
Trampas Green SC245 with a flame top and an Ebony board...

...saw one at the Experience this year and it was incredible; but I was on a PS quest at the time.

If I could get an HB2 Piezo with a dark, quarter-sawn, BRW fretboard and Euro Maple top and back, it would be a done deal.

In Vintage Natural, of course.

Gold Top or Jet White 408 MT Trem, Natural Back, with Korina Neck, Braz Board and Braz Headstock veneer. Can I get that veneer?

A week ago I ordered an Artist Package Custom 24 with fire red burst, artist figured maple top, ebony fingerboard, artist figured maple neck, and 59/09. I was hoping to get the \m/ pickups, but unfortunately it wasn't an available option. I'm having the good folks at musicstorelive.com put a set of the \m/ aside, to be installed when the guitar arrives late December-early January.

It's so hard to narrow it down to what I would want, but just going off on a whim, I'd say P22 Trem in Orange Fade with a figured maple neck, ebony board, and a natural back.

Normally I love imaginary shopping sprees like this, but I'm actually at a loss this time around... My "Guitar Fever" isn't dead or anything, I just think I require more. PRS should come out with a "Jewel Package".. I need something with rhinestones.

This thread has made me realize I don't really understand the difference between Artist Packages and Private Stocks. I haven't ever paid attention to artist packages before, mainly because I thought it was just stock models with extra fancy tops or more bling? But you guys are listing a lot of non standard options that I thought only a PS could deliver.

Hmm... decisions. I'll go with a 408, Armondo's Amethyst quilt top, natty back, fully adjustable stoptail, hybrid hardware, and ebony board.

By coincidence I have one on order. Burnt Almond SC245.

I look forward to seeing this... details?

P22 trem with a rosewood neck and as much of it Brazilian as theyd give me. I don't know about color - it depends on if they allow special orders. Armondos amethyst is pretty great, or something 7-up green colored, I forget which color that is now.

This thread has made me realize I don't really understand the difference between Artist Packages and Private Stocks. I haven't ever paid attention to artist packages before, mainly because I thought it was just stock models with extra fancy tops or more bling? But you guys are listing a lot of non standard options that I thought only a PS could deliver.

Dont feel bad its a new occurrence. Its a brilliant new plan PRS has where they allow certain options to be added when you go with an artist pack - rosewood or maple neck/boards for example, or non-Private stock special order colors. I think its a brilliant plan for people that just want a tweak here and there but don't need the private stock wood.

Something in Charcoal Cherry Burst. I have seen them with stained maple necks so I would rock that too. Custom 22 I reckon. I'd ask it be held for Lenny in PTC to setup in B standard.

Normally I love imaginary shopping sprees like this, but I'm actually at a loss this time around... My "Guitar Fever" isn't dead or anything, I just think I require more. PRS should come out with a "Jewel Package".. I need something with rhinestones.

Somthing like this???

Leopard+Guitar.bmp

I look forward to seeing this... details?

Not much to say, really. It'll have 57/08 pickups, mixed hardware, flame top, and the standard Artist Pack BRW fingerboard and headstock overlay. 'Hog neck.

I somewhat foolishly sold a 2012 SC58 AP with ebony board and 53/10s in the very same color, and miss it. 53/10s are no longer available, and with BRW boards being standard, I figured I'd go with that instead of ebony this time.

Here's a shot of my "ex":; with any luck the new one will be pretty much the same in appearance, only with mixed hardware and without the SC58 binding (I liked the binding by the way).

Last edited:
This thread has made me realize I don't really understand the difference between Artist Packages and Private Stocks

From the late 90s or maybe 2000 until a few years ago, the Artist Package was an option that included gold or mixed hardware, an upgraded top, a headstock overlay with inlaid signature, artist birds, and a leather case. As such it was cosmetic. The Artist grade top is between a 10 top and a private stock top.

Last year, PRS came out with an Artist Package that allows different neck, fingerboard, and pickup choices, and the case is now black canvas covered instead of leather (the canvas is ballistic nylon canvas, it's quite nice, and the interior of the case is French-fit. The guitars still have artist grade tops.

If you go to the core model info on the website, the models that have the Artist Pack available have links to the Artist program, and there are several pages describing what you can do.

There are also Artist packages for the USA acoustics and for the core amp line.

What can be somewhat confusing is that PRS has also released "Artist" models from time to time, of which there have been five since the early 90s.

An Artist V like my #1 is not the same as an Artist Package model, but it's not far off, either.

Last edited:
I will be ordering a Hollowbody II with maple neck, ebony board, maple headstock, hybrid hardware, and finished in Blue fade. Will do this after my Purple hazel, 10 top, Charcoal back and neck Hollowbody 12 string comes in that I just ordered from Brandt at Music Inc. of La.

Back