If you’re looking for a good movie...

My wife's family is somehow related to the son of Viggo Mortensen's character. Very nice guy.

And I don't think I've ever seen Viggo in a role where he wasn't fantastic.

I know it's a couple of years old, but the Mrs and I watched "Hidden Figures" Sunday night. What a great flick, and story.

Yes, it was. And Katherine Johnson just died a week or so ago.

I'll toss in "Logan Lucky" for your viewing pleasure.... was much better than I expected...

Thanks for posting this, my friend has a song on this soundtrack. The cool thing is it was recorded back in the 60's when he was a teen, now it's a check coming in for his past rock & roll dreams. He's still gigging to this day, gotta love it.

Gonna' necro bump this thread as I just viewed a juicy one a couple of nights ago.
Maestro
OMG! It is a life story around Leonard Bernstein and it is an INCREDIBLE movie. Bradley Cooper did the best performance I have ever seen him do, and very well maybe the best acting performance EVER!! He spent an entire year in "voice" of the character, on and off screen. He spent 6 years studying Leonard and worked very closely with Leonard's children to really capture the man! The cinematography was superb, and they switched styles to match the decades in which events were happening! Both Scorsese and Spielberg were both Producers on this film. Bradley Cooper Directed it! The topic itself lends to a fairy tale story, and I think they did a great job of tackling many of the conflicts in his personal and artistic struggles. They basically did not even touch on his political activities, it would have added another hour to the movie had they done so. The other actors (especially Carey Mulligan who played his wife), the music, the choreography, all amazing!!! A movie that I would recommend to every man, woman and child on the planet!!!

I watched it on Netflix and it is a production from them, so I don't know where else one can get it, but check it out if you can, it is 2 hrs well spent!!!

Gonna' necro bump this thread as I just viewed a juicy one a couple of nights ago.
Maestro
OMG! It is a life story around Leonard Bernstein and it is an INCREDIBLE movie. Bradley Cooper did the best performance I have ever seen him do, and very well maybe the best acting performance EVER!! He spent an entire year in "voice" of the character, on and off screen. He spent 6 years studying Leonard and worked very closely with Leonard's children to really capture the man! The cinematography was superb, and they switched styles to match the decades in which events were happening! Both Scorsese and Spielberg were both Producers on this film. Bradley Cooper Directed it! The topic itself lends to a fairy tale story, and I think they did a great job of tackling many of the conflicts in his personal and artistic struggles. They basically did not even touch on his political activities, it would have added another hour to the movie had they done so. The other actors (especially Carey Mulligan who played his wife), the music, the choreography, all amazing!!! A movie that I would recommend to every man, woman and child on the planet!!!

I watched it on Netflix and it is a production from them, so I don't know where else one can get it, but check it out if you can, it is 2 hrs well spent!!!

Fantastic movie!! (Green Book) I keep trying to get people to watch it, but they aren't interested for some reason??? Their loss!!

Saw Maestro yesterday and it indeed stands head and shoulders above other recent releases. I’ve been watching Leonard Bernstein’s teaching and concerts for years. The film exceeded my expectations in every way. Performance, cinematography, lighting, editing…… a classic.

Back