I Tried To Do The Right Thing. Honest!

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
As I have posted in a couple of other threads, I am selling about three quarters of my gear collection to make the upcoming early retirement of my wife a little more palatable, financially. I, with Sergio's help, had been listing stuff, but it was slow going, and painful to ship off one at a time. I found a couple of places that would buy entire collections, and contacted them a little more than 2 weeks ago. I got two offers back. One about 2 hours away, and the other local (although, with Chicago traffic, still 2 hours away!). I was a little insulted by the place from the out of town location. Their offer was 2/3 of the local place. Plus, the local place line item'd everything out. What they'd offer me, what they would list it at. I dropped off 9 guitars, and an amp there this morning. Best experience I've ever had in a store. No haggling. No "on 2nd thought, we can only give you this much". I was shocked to be out of there in less than an hour. Sure, I was a little melancholy will I was sitting there watching them look over my stuff. Especially when I'd hear some comments about how cool this, or that, guitar was. I had to get up and wander the store.

That turned out to be a mistake. Well, not really! I guess I haven't totally broken my mold. Something I didn't bring to the store, left the store with me.

tR9Nng7.jpg

aLucEkV.jpg

FrguwQn.jpg

PhGSogP.jpg

BTVxn1C.jpg

2013 Tremonti Artist Pack. Braz board and neck. I COULD NOT pass up a Pattern Thin RW neck. I love that neck shape, but don't have a WT or PT in the remainder of the stable. It's been played, and has some honest battle scars, but I dig it....A LOT! Besides, after all I went through today, I deserved a nice Valentine's Day present. Happy Valentine's Day to me!

I have to say, yanking the bandage off was better than the paper cuts I had been getting doing one at a time. It hurts to leave them behind, but it was easier this way. I felt some relief as I got in my truck and pulled away. Now, I gotta do it all again on Monday. Think I'll take a book along to read, instead of browsing their store!

Agreed that CMI is an easy place to do business with, also sold off a few things there.
That is a killer looking AX jim

Sweetness!!! I LOVE the color on that one. I remember back on one of the older builds of the PRS website, they had a Tremonti that looked a lot like that one...I would drool over it every time I opened up the page to look at guitars. Plus, it has a brazzy board and neck? Totally killer.

Congrats!!! You say you were trying to do the right thing...from where I'm sitting, you absolutely succeeded. ;)

Now when CME sends me an email on what's new, I'm gonna have to wonder if that was your or not. Sounds like you made out better than I did, when I let everything go back in 2013.

Last edited:
Love it! I should find a place interested in a dozen or so of mine. I offered up several in a couple locations this week and, to my surprise, THREE of them are already spoken for. Guess I will wait and see if anything else gets claimed before I wonder into a store and expose myself to temptation. I do NOT need that!

Must be nice to have found a semi-local place not to crazy low-ball you on a collection like that. Every time I think of downsizing the hassle and financial hit keeps me from moving on.

Both of us approve!

By both, I mean myself AND Stadium Shred!

Back