I Tried To Do The Right Thing. Honest!

Awesome! Glad it worked out buddy! Congrats on the beauty that came home with you. Great score...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Well, except for me of course...but I digress...enjoy! ;)

@bodia , congrats on being able to actually go through with that decision to downsize. I hope to leave that chore to my estate...

I am glad I didn't know you were unloading gear, because I probably would have bought it all from you! You get some really nice instruments into your collection! (Oh, and btw, thanks again for that P245SH you sold me - played it last night at practice, definitely my go-to gigging electric!)

Now I need to scour Reverb to see what pops up...and hopefully resist temptation until I find out our tax bill/refund situation!

@bodia , congrats on being able to actually go through with that decision to downsize. I hope to leave that chore to my estate...

I am glad I didn't know you were unloading gear, because I probably would have bought it all from you! You get some really nice instruments into your collection! (Oh, and btw, thanks again for that P245SH you sold me - played it last night at practice, definitely my go-to gigging electric!)

Now I need to scour Reverb to see what pops up...and hopefully resist temptation until I find out our tax bill/refund situation!

You could have gotten some sweet deals, that's for sure! Glad to hear you're still hot on the P245SH!

Don't envy the idea of selling stuff off, but...Nita said to give me a yell before she leaves!

As I have posted in a couple of other threads, I am selling about three quarters of my gear collection to make the upcoming early retirement of my wife a little more palatable, financially. I, with Sergio's help, had been listing stuff, but it was slow going, and painful to ship off one at a time. I found a couple of places that would buy entire collections, and contacted them a little more than 2 weeks ago. I got two offers back. One about 2 hours away, and the other local (although, with Chicago traffic, still 2 hours away!). I was a little insulted by the place from the out of town location. Their offer was 2/3 of the local place. Plus, the local place line item'd everything out. What they'd offer me, what they would list it at. I dropped off 9 guitars, and an amp there this morning. Best experience I've ever had in a store. No haggling. No "on 2nd thought, we can only give you this much". I was shocked to be out of there in less than an hour. Sure, I was a little melancholy will I was sitting there watching them look over my stuff. Especially when I'd hear some comments about how cool this, or that, guitar was. I had to get up and wander the store.

That turned out to be a mistake. Well, not really! I guess I haven't totally broken my mold. Something I didn't bring to the store, left the store with me.

tR9Nng7.jpg

aLucEkV.jpg

FrguwQn.jpg

PhGSogP.jpg

BTVxn1C.jpg

2013 Tremonti Artist Pack. Braz board and neck. I COULD NOT pass up a Pattern Thin RW neck. I love that neck shape, but don't have a WT or PT in the remainder of the stable. It's been played, and has some honest battle scars, but I dig it....A LOT! Besides, after all I went through today, I deserved a nice Valentine's Day present. Happy Valentine's Day to me!

I have to say, yanking the bandage off was better than the paper cuts I had been getting doing one at a time. It hurts to leave them behind, but it was easier this way. I felt some relief as I got in my truck and pulled away. Now, I gotta do it all again on Monday. Think I'll take a book along to read, instead of browsing their store!

I'd say that's a good day! Karma looking down at you? Ya can't be totally upset about seeing them go when you get this back, right?:cool:

Yeah... I took a little hit on the 3 I got rid of to make up for the Private Stock 408, the Brian's run 509 Wood Library Artist swamp ash, and the guitar still on order with Moore's: Fire Red Burst Artist Package Special 22 Semi-Hollow that Paul signed "Happy retirement, Will" on... Can't wait for #3 to get here!!!!!!,

Glad you found someone to give you a decent collection price!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah... I took a little hit on the 3 I got rid of to make up for the Private Stock 408, the Brian's run 509 Wood Library Artist swamp ash, and the guitar still on order with Moore's: Fire Red Burst Artist Package Special 22 Semi-Hollow that Paul signed "Happy retirement, Will" on... Can't wait for #3 to get here!!!!!!,

Glad you found someone to give you a decent collection price!!!!!!

Can’t wait to see the Special 22! Those three make a pretty stellar trio IMO.

Nice! I don’t seem to see them with rosewood necks often. If I could’ve taken a couple off your hands, I would have. Glad you came home with bonus prize!

Way to lessen the pain buddy.
You will have to teach me the secret...usually when I sell a couple I buy three.
Killer Tremonti, and you’ll probably find you enjoy the beauties you have left even MORE!

What are the nine you gave up?

Nice Tremonti BTW. RedGuitars abides.

Thanks!

2008 Cu22
2011 DGT
2014 WL Cu24
SE One
JP70
2017 Santana
2015 AP Santana
ME II
Alex Lifeson Acoustic.

I had already sold a Pauls Guitar, '89 MIJ Strat, KL-33 and Dirty 100, PJE-96, and Bogner Atma with Sergio's help.

Thanks!

2008 Cu22
2011 DGT
2014 WL Cu24
SE One
JP70
2017 Santana
2015 AP Santana
ME II
Alex Lifeson Acoustic.

I had already sold a Pauls Guitar, '89 MIJ Strat, KL-33 and Dirty 100, PJE-96, and Bogner Atma with Sergio's help.
Wow! That’s a lot to go through (emotionally and the chore of selling)! Now you need to list with photos what you kept ;)

Back