I opened mine up, too...

2ChH has a rectifier to make the supply for the relays. I've had two of these, and both have had the switching fail. Replace the four diodes and capacitor that do the rectification (under the black wire) and good as new.

It was much easier and cheaper for me to do the work than to box it and ship to PRS. Still had the spare components from the first time. I always buy extra. Plus I got to look inside at the lovely cabinetry and workmanship. Really nice.

Rectum-finder broken? Seems like odd components to have go bad, but easy to replace!

You're welcome! Here's a bit more of the inside. Quality work here for sure.

Holy cr@p man, you could eat your dinner off of that! But don’t because you will get severely chastised!

Nice internal shot!

Bet it’s a beast of a weight with those transformers?!

63 glorious pounds. And the best large closed-cab tone I've ever gotten from a combo. Sounds like a 2x12.

I didn't know the combos were built that way. True "cab in a cab" design. Smart. I like it!

How is that 80 with the combo? I'd bet it would be even better with a different speaker, but it's all what tones you're going for.

The 80 sounds great! Not normally my choice for speaker, but cleans and lead kill. I think it contributes to the lows in the small volume sealed cab section without ruining the rest of the spectrum.

Probably a creamback would also kill. I happen to have one laying around...

Back